Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH >

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Old 02-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

I think this could go on forever... I personally own a Mathews LX and love it. I have never shot a Bowtech so I can't comment. I can say though that what fits one person might not fit the next. Some people like hunting whitetail, some like hunting elk. Some like hunting black bear others prefer antelope..... see where I'm going? I don't think there's anything wrong with either of these or several of the other top brands. It all depends upon the shooter and what they feel comfortable with.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PA_BOW_HUNTER

I think this could go on forever... I personally own a Mathews LX and love it. I have never shot a Bowtech so I can't comment. I can say though that what fits one person might not fit the next. Some people like hunting whitetail, some like hunting elk. Some like hunting black bear others prefer antelope..... see where I'm going? I don't think there's anything wrong with either of these or several of the other top brands. It all depends upon the shooter and what they feel comfortable with.
your right this is just like ford and chevy.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

That was well put PABH. Like many other companies, Bowtech makes a great product. I have shot them both and wouldn't have a problem owning either. I've been happy with my Mathews since 1998 and certainly won't claim it's better than Brand X. I've owned bows from Proline, PSE, Darton, Hoyt, and Mathews just to name a few. Would I buy a Bowtech? Sure... I could buy another bow, but haven't the need. As long as you obtain your next bow from a reputable company that offers a model that's right for YOU and you'll be a better shooter for it.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:11 PM

well i don't like the way mathews look.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Gibby... maybe Mathews doesn't like the way you look... [8D] LOL... j/k.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Shot the Mathews Switchback, Hoyt Vtec and Bowtech Allegiance. Well, you can see what I bought below.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:39 PM

today i bought the Bowtech Patriot. Why? smooth,quiet,fast and accurate. i shot the switchback and was impressed, except it was kinda heavy to me. i shot the hoyt vipertec (yes iknow last years model) but dont like the way the riser is and it just didnt seem right in my hands. shot the bowtech mighty might the other day as well and loved every inch of it. then today i got my $$$ went to an archery shop, seen the patriot, shot it and bought it. end of story.

IMO all mathews and bowtech are the top of the line. take it or leave
Old 02-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech just SUCKS!!!!!lol

Did that ruffle some feathers of bowtech owners? If it did well I have only this to say!

Mathews just SUCKS!!!! there are you happy!

Actually this thread just SUCKS!!! Come on who cares if you shoot a Mathews, Bowtech, HOYT, PSE, Fread BEAR, AR, or any other bow you can think of. After all as long as a hunter, is willing to pack a bow and arrow, be it compound or traditional they are A.OK. in my book. I have many bowhunter friends, and almost all shoot different brands than me or each other.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:13 AM

gentlemen i own neither brand but if apples are apples etc. noone has mentioned $ and to me that might be the final deciding factor if infact these bows are so close give me prices
Old 02-25-2005, 02:25 PM

Who makes a better truck, Ford or Chevy? Mathews vs Bowtech is the same question. I have shot the Allegience and the SwitchBack side by side at the same shop. To be honest they both were nice bows. However, I do feel the SwitchBack was a smoother quieter bow to me. The Bowtech may have been a bit faster. However at these speeds without a Chrono you wouldn't know for yourself. I thought the Mathews just seemed to feel better all around. The only thing I did like about the Allegience better was the thinner Grip other than that It goes to the mathews. If I had to rate them a 1 to 10. I would rate the Allegience a 9.5 and the Switchback a 9.8. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these bows. Shoot them and decide on your own.

Quick Reply: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.