Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH >

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Old 01-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

What is your DL? It can't be over 33
Justin you dont know Art do ya

Lets just say he STANDS out in a crowd
Old 01-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I sometimes shoot with a guy who is 6-4 and he has a 32 inch DL. He is a monster You saying ART's DL is longer than 33??
Old 01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

6'5 hereand 31 1/2 draw.My hoyt fits me just great
Old 01-11-2005, 07:49 PM

WWAG,
Bowtech does make a great bow and I am sure will be successful this year as well. On Bowsite.com the Mathews LX and the Bowtech Extreme VFT were 2 of the bows tested the previous year. Mathews also was faster in both catigories. Here is link.
http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...003headtohead/

I was very supprised seeing how the Bowtech VFT supposedly us rated 10-12 fps faster. I wonder what the birth certificate said on the one that was tested? Maybe Mathews is underrating the LX?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 PM

Yeah I live over 30mi from GAT, and I drive up there preferred to buy my bows. I shoot them at shops closer to me. But I am going to be making a trip to GAT so I can send out my LX to Mathews so I can get it re-dipped, so sometime next weekend I will be there, and then I will shoot the Switchback next to a Bowtech!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RoyD

The Bowsite forum will be doing a bow test on these bows and hopefully have the results in the near future. They take 12 archers and blindfold them so they don't know what bow is being shot. They each rate them on recoil, smoothness, speed and balance. The speed is done comparing apples to apples as far as arrow weight, draw lenght, poundage. I looked at the last two years and found Bowtechs speed claims to be just that, a claim. The Mathews LX beat the Bowtech VFT even though Bowtech claimed the VFT to be amost 8-10 feet faster IBO. The Outback won the overall rating and was allso the fastest. Beat Bowtech LIberty also, there bow with same braceheight. After all is said and done, you still need to shoot what feels good to you no matter what brand it is. Bowtech makes a good bow, but don't put alot of stock in all the HYPE you read here and there. Good Shooting.

You're right, the Outback did shoot faster than the Outback in this test and it did win the test as well. Keep in mind that all the bows in this test were set at 28" draw, 60 lbs. using a 540 and 350 grain arrow, plus the bows were shot with the factory installed string accessories which includes a brass nock, 2 eliminator buttons and hush kit on the Liberty, bare string on the Outback. The test tells me that yes, the Outback was a little faster as the bows were set up but moreso it tells me that the HP cam (or whatever cam the Outback uses) is perhaps a little more efficient than the ultrasmooth (nice valley) FreedomCam.

Again you're correct in saying that the Outback won the blind test that Bowsite did and the Liberty did come in 2nd which is good, but have you checked out the test that Outdoor Life conducted this past summer where the testers were compiled of a NASA Engineer as well as some very high tech testing equipment where they electronically tested for sound and vibrations along with speed.

There were 21 bows tested (instead of 10 like the bowsite test) and the Liberty won the Editors Choice Award, I'd say that's pretty impressive since it was picked over the other 20 bows.

To see some of the testing you can click here

And here's a picture of some of the testing equipment used

Old 01-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

buckeye, I'm 6'6" tall and have an 82" wingspan. I keep my ProTec (LXPro limbs and Accuwheels) set at 33 1/2", and shoot fingers with a slightly bent elbow.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:02 AM

I'm 6'6" tall and have an 82" wingspan

What do you make you self bows out of?.........Giant Redwoods?...........
Old 01-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nah, I just splice two trees together.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

buckeye, I'm 6'6" tall and have an 82" wingspan. I keep my ProTec (LXPro limbs and Accuwheels) set at 33 1/2", and shoot fingers with a slightly bent elbow.

Pardon my language but HOLY CRAP!

Quick Reply: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.