Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH >

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Old 01-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Single cams were designed for lazy and/or incompetent archers.
That is the official very first RIDICULOUS statement of 2005! Congrats!

I thought you had an AR???
I've never owned an AR , you must be thinking of someone else.

Fastestbows.com will have to be updated in 2005.

Bowtech bows are every bit as good as Mathews. I shot them all and ended up with the Mathews Icon 70lb based on smooth draw only , I sacrificed speed. To get anything that compared to the smoothness of the Icon I would have had to order a Hoyt wheely and I wanted a solid limb bow. If I were interested in speed I would have selected the pro 40 dually.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Team #14
62 7/8"
Taken by AR 34 eight point
Taken from the contest thread.

Maybe you posted the pic for someone else?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Team #14
62 7/8"
Taken by AR 34 eight point

Taken from the contest thread.

Maybe you posted the pic for someone else?
Yes , I posted the pic for AR34EightPoint.

If I ever switch to an AR I'll make sure and change my sig pic.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, I got ya[8D] Now I feel like everyone is staring, pointing and laughing at me. Don't I look like an a$$. lol J/K
Old 01-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay...I own a Mathews Outback and just recently bought a Bowtech Allegiance. The Outback is a great bow. And in the past, I was always concerned with how loud the bowtech line seemed to me personnally, however, I just started shooting my new Allegiance and it is the perfect combination of power, speed and quietness. The new Bowtech is as quiet as my Mathews Outback. So, if you are looking for changing, the Bowtech line, in my opinion has got it perfect with the new line and cam system. Try them out. You wont be disappointed.

Kelly
Old 01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I find it interesting that everyone says this is a "Bowtech" site, which I guess it sort of is now. I say this because previously when I posted a lot more it was a kind of Hoyt vs. Mathews site and then moved to be a very Mathews site and there were a lot of people accusing Mathews of not living up to their hype (sounds pretty familiar). Now the majority has moved on to Bowtechs.

The bottom line is you have to evaluate what is important to you (i.e. speed, smooth draw, axle to axle, brace height, etc.) find the bows that meet your criteria and shoot them. Once you do you can determine which is the one for you. With the quality of all of the major companies these days you're going to get a great bow no matter who you choose.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Huntingbry!

I couldn't agree more .

nubo
Old 01-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Just to start off I shoot a hoyt right now AND WILL CHANGE befor next year,not happy with it at all.

I am not shure how to take BUCKYEBUCKNTR poast on speed.From my point of veiw it is not good for bowtech.I am very sure that the cono was working good so how do they come up with a 8fps difrances on there bows????

Dose this meen there bows are not very stable? or they are not sure how fast they shoot? Are they just gessing?

I just dont get it every time I cono my bow it comes out 1 number not like 265-273. I allso think a lot of test go by what is popular allso.

Did they get each one of thes bows and shoot them or did they just use the companys numbers?

Not trying to be a pain I just dont get how they cant know how fast they shoot.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ELKINMTCWB

They are telling you no matter what your bow will shoot between the speeds listed.

So if you bow is listed 322 - 328 thats means your bow will shoot at least 322fps but more than likey closer to 328.

Unlike many others companies (should read all the other companies) who may say 330fps and when you get it and chrono it it shoots 325. I am speaking from experience here to (Hoyt Supertec).

My allegiance is IBO rated 322-328fps

My Allegiance at 62# 29 inch draw length and a 310.6 grain arrow is shooting 318 fps.

That is with a kisser, peep, hush kit and loop on the string.

BowTechs reach there claimed speeds when most other manufactures do not.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: RoyD
The Outback won the overall rating and was allso the fastest.
What bowtech did they test, the Rascal.[8D]

Quick Reply: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.