Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH >

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Old 01-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Nothing really more to say. I shoot a Bowtech and it has impressed me more than I thought in its performance in the field. It comes down to what every single person in this thread said. Shoot them both, it should be evident which one feels the best to you. Either way you will have a superior bow. Don't get caught in the hype this guy shoots this but these guys shoot this. That's my advice. Have fun!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

3shot yeah Petes a great guy.He's a bud of mine,and Ive bought a couple Hoyts from him and send friends up to him all the time.There are a couple shops closer but I'll drive a few more just to deal with Pete up at GAT.They just started selling BOWTECh before Christmas.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:16 PM

Single cams were designed for lazy and/or incompetent archers. Sorry, don't yell at me, these are just the simple facts. In all fairness, the singles do have a sexy draw.

As far as manufacturers there's no comparison. Buy a Bowtech dually at the proper poundage and learn how to maintain your equipment. Bowtech has an open minded approach to archery, business, and their customers. With cam configurations of every design, wide range of brace heights, and axle to axle lengths to fit everyone and every situation, it's no wonder Bowtech is the bow industry's top dog.

Just a bowhunter's ( with no axe to grind) opinion.

Boldt
Old 01-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot several models of both brands last year and bought the Mathews Icon.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot several models of both brands last year and bought the Mathews Icon.
I thought you had an AR???
Old 01-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

This does apear to be a more of a bowtech forum over other bows, I guess that's fine, I myself would choose a mathews over a bowtech. Ther basic look about bowtech and lots of other bows out there look just like mathews who was the one who came out with that look, mathews was ,parrellel limbs, the look of the risers,solocams. It seems to me that mathews was the ones who came out with all this great technology. I have shot bowtech even the new liberty, ya it felt good but not any better than a new mathews. I think alot of you are comparing your brand new bowtechs to 5 or 6 year old mathews like a Q2 or something. Try shooting a new mathews with string suppresors I love em. And as far as speed, look at the charts and bowtechs are not any faster than mathews and espicially not the black max2 wich has been around for years wich has harmonic dampening and string suppressors.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

And as far as speed, look at the charts and bowtechs are not any faster than mathews and espicially not the black max2 wich has been around for years wich has harmonic dampening and string suppressors.
Some one is very misinformed. Here is a list of the fastest bows in order starting with the fastest. Pick up a trend here?

Here is the link.
http://www.fastestbows.com/fastestbows.htm

Company
Bow Model
IBO (fps)
Brace Height (in)
ATA (in)

BowTech
Black Knight 2
342-350

Mathews
Black Max2 (Turbo Cam)
340+
5.5 ??
36 ??

BowTech
Pro 40 (dually)
328-336

BowTech
Patriot (dually)
326-334

BowTech
Extreme VFT
325-333

Hoyt
SuperTec

Mathews
Black Max2

BowTech
Allegiance
322-328

BowTech
Patriot (single)
318-326

Martin
SlayR

Newberry
Archery Pro
SB1

Whisper Creek
Nav TR-35

Whisper Creek
Nav TR-31

Martin
Cougar III Magnum Nitrous
Old 01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Patchholder!
You must be having dream's too bud .But Buckeyebuckhntr has said it all and I don't need to say another word. But look it, we're not here to run down Mathew's ,because Mathew's is a top of the line bow and sure I'd be proud to own one as well, but BowTech was my choice that and I'll be shooting BowTech from here on in ,just because it felt right for me and that's all that matter's . But we need to be honest about this . If Mathew's Outback felt right to you then that's what matter's because it is a great bow as well as any .

nubo
Old 01-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Nubo,Nubo,Nubo yes I am here and no I am not having a bad dream. Don't get yout panties in a wad just because someone used the word hype and it wasn't associated with Mathews. I was just conveying the facts on an apples to apples test on Bowsite.com verified with 2 chronographs. And yes we all know someone that has switched from this brand or that brand. I too know someone who had a Bowtech and sold it after one year to go back to another brand. Does not prove one thing though. OH how quick we come to the offensive!!! Nubo, Nubo, Nubo. You must write the tester at Bowsite.com and tell them of there errors. How dare they test apples to apples and have data that Mathews was faster than Bowtech on the bows they tested.
Just to note. If you read my post carefully, I did not state Bowtech was a bunch of HYPE. I stated don't put stock in all the HYPE you read here. Meaning test for yourself. Compare apples to apples. Shoot what feels good and works for you.
Good Shooting.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:48 PM

i shoot a different bow every year also and usually try to try different brands and i think in the last 16 years of serious bowhunting have been through them all but for the last 3 years i have religiously shot Hoyt bows the last being the Xtec and i've loved them all i looked at all the different brand every year and returned to Hoyt they are great bows check them out if you have the chance this year i am trying something different and thats going to be a bowtech allegiance the reason being i feel they are the only company which came out with something that might be truly revolutionary with their new bianary cam system i have shot this bow in the shop several times and it is amazing it's quite,smooth, and super fast its specs are a bowhunters dream if you decide to try the mathews switchback notice the draw cycle i think it is really harsh especially compared to last years outback just imagine yourself bundled up in winter cold and drawing back on that buck of a lifetime in a akward position with the switchback OH NO!!! Hope this has helped keep your options open its whatever just feel right to you

Quick Reply: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.