Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Our Iowa Dream Season >

Our Iowa Dream Season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Our Iowa Dream Season

Old 01-05-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Our Iowa Dream Season

Hello everyone.
Here is a picture of some of the deer that our group of hunters took this fall. In the picture of us holding the racks, they measure from 127" to 166"(green score). We challenged each other and ourselves to hunt harder and longer this year and boy did it pay off. Never would we have thought at the end of the season we each would have a Pope and Young deer. None of us have ever seen a season like this last one. But next year we allready have big plans! We had soo many chances at soo many deer that we will have stories to tell for quite sometime. We got together the other day for some "end of the year" bow season pictures , and some story telling,,,, thought they turned out kind of neat.
Oh and for the Bowtech guys.....yep we are all Bowtechers. Liberty and Justice for all

Old 01-05-2005, 08:21 PM

Default RE: Our Iowa Dream Season

congrats to your group! some nice bucks. where you at in iowa? our group took some decnet ones during shotgun season, but we let alot of stuff walk and alot of stuff got away. neighbor got a 196"(green) 11 point. maybe next year i can draw a bowtag. good luck to you guysnext year!

slayer
Old 01-05-2005, 09:00 PM

Thanks Deerslayer
We are all from Northwest Iowa. We all hunt together as a group, we really don't care who hunts where. We all try to call each other before we go out and see where everyone is going. We have never had a problem with running into each other this way. We play super close attention to wind and what is moving where. And when one of us shoots a deer, weather be it a nice doe or a buck, I think we are just as happy for the guy that shot it as he is. Also when you do get an arrow into one, all ya' need to do is put out a call or two and they are there to help track or whatever you might need. It's a great group of guys, and I feel lucky to be part of it.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to you all. Thats a fine 8 pointer there[8D]
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 PM

Ya' that is a dandy 8 pointer. Wish I could say thats mine...but I can't. But anyway, that deer had a 23" inside spread and G2's were over 18". Green scored at a 166 and some change. Yep a dandy. That night I was hunting about a mile from where he shot it. He was waiting at my truck when I got out of the woods that night. He could hardly speak (who could with an 8 pointer like that one??) It only made it about 40 yards from where he shot it, and got to see it go down.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 PM

That sure is one fine looking 8 pointer! Good luck to you guy's next season.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to all, nice harvest!
Old 01-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hunted many years in and around Osage Iowa. but cant get a non -redident permit anymore. I have been waiting 3 years. Nice group of rackers
Old 01-06-2005, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

It must be rough having to live in Iowa like that where all those big deer are. I feel for you guys Seriously though you guys are blessed by living in a wonderful area and are obviously pretty good hunters too. Congrats on the kills!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:58 AM

Awesome deer. 8 pt. 166" wowsers.

Quick Reply: Our Iowa Dream Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.