Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For all you guy's with Stealth Cam's? >

For all you guy's with Stealth Cam's?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all you guy's with Stealth Cam's?

Old 12-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default For all you guy's with Stealth Cam's?

Guy's after seeing Blodg's post on the deer in the snow ,I'm going to be putting my cam out this week to see if I can get some pic's of the deer for you's and just to show you's just how much snow we have here in my end of Ontario. What I want to know is what film should i put in the cam ?I know most have said to use the kodak 400 but I'm still wondering if there might not be a better film to use in this cam. Any suggestion's would be greatly appreciated.

nubo
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For all you guy's with Stealth Cam's?

i use the 400 and it works fine
i also got the 24 pics and that is way to many, try finding 400 with 12 pics. just my opinion.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:33 AM

I have tried many films and Kodak 400 seems to work the best for me. My problem is that 36 exposure isn't enough. Too many does in my area.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another Question for the StealthCam Guys. Does the cold weather effect the camera or film at all? It gets below 0 here regularly and I didn't know how it would react to it. Thanks
Old 12-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

if you think bout it 0 degress is 32 below freezeing....................bob
Old 12-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

my cam has been out in temps with windchills in the negatives and seems to be working fine so far kshunter
Old 12-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

I just put mine out last night & it had 8 pics this morning, well 10 but it got me twice as I was dumpng some feed.
Do these get squirrels & racoons & such too or only large animals ? I guess I'll know by the weekend anyway as I expect the roll may be full by tommorow or thurs at the latest. Can hardly wait to see all the deer that wont let me shoot them.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

leverdude since the stealth cam uses heat and motion instead of just motion i assume that you will probably rarely if ever get a picture of a squirrel unless it is in with a larger animal like a deer. i dont think the cam would be able to detect a squirrel's body heat.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:36 PM

just remember to not put it facing rising or setting sun!! I made that mistake once and got pics of nothing, but since then i seem to have good luck with mine regardless of temp and such. The only thing is that since the sensor is so big it takes pics b4 the deer is totally in the picture. I have been told to put a piece of black tape on each side of the sensor to shorten the sensing area, but i havent tried that yet.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

I just got my stealth cam and the directions said no colder than 14 degrees and no hotter than 120... just an FYI

Quick Reply: For all you guy's with Stealth Cam's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.