Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 family vs hunting....arrrghhh! >

family vs hunting....arrrghhh!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

family vs hunting....arrrghhh!

Old 12-23-2004, 07:26 PM

Default family vs hunting....arrrghhh!

I was on my way to my blind at 3 pm today when I called home to check in and my daughter asked me to work out with her. She said she couldn't go later, so I did the good Dad thing and went home. Then her boyfriend calls and says he will go with her so I get dressed again and head to my blind and get there at 4:30.
Lo and behold, there in the snow 10-15 yards from my blind, are the 4-4.5 inch prints of Mr. Big!! He is traveling solo. Lots of tracks too, broadside, quartering away, etc. He had been digging in the snow for the corn I had left. Based on the continous snowfall, these prints are about half an hour old. This is the buck that I have been trying to get for almost 3 months!!! I stay in the blind until dark and see nothing else.
Damn, I love my family but sometimes I could just scream......
Old 12-23-2004, 07:30 PM

Default RE: family vs hunting....arrrghhh!

Sorry about this downer post but I just had to ventilate to some fellow hard cores.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now THAT is a bowhunters luck right there!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 09:51 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Actually the post wasn't a downer for me. Got a good chuckle out of it as most have experience the same thing trying to balance family and hunting time. Feel your pain. Hope you get another chance at the big one.

Tim
Old 12-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dont go home till the season is over
Old 12-24-2004, 12:56 AM

those big boys...get you everytime, look at this way, you still have something to anticipate, if hes biggun hes smart and will make it another year
Old 12-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was probably just a big ole club footed doe. If you say it enough times you will begin to beleive it................................................ .................................................. ...........................................Are you feeling better yet?
Old 12-24-2004, 03:36 AM

Been there....The story of my life!! Dont ya just luv it
Old 12-24-2004, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Seems to me you made the right choice, family first hunting second.......the deer will always be there, and if you don't get that buck he passed on his genes and you'll get a chance at his offspring in a few years.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's exactly how your priorities are supposed to go ,so this just make's you a normal dad .You can alway's make time for hunting but as the kid's get older and your seeing less and less of them you'll look back and be glad you took this time to spend with them. I've also had this problem with taking a few extra minutes for the kid's just to find that a nice buck had passed by my stand during the period of time that I usually would have been on stand.

nubo

Quick Reply: family vs hunting....arrrghhh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.