Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where would u hunt on my land?(PIC) >

Where would u hunt on my land?(PIC)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where would u hunt on my land?(PIC)

Old 12-20-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Where would u hunt on my land?(PIC)

If u guy were hunting where i was were would u set up ur stands/ground blinds? Both fields are harvested corn but not tilled. I just want to see where some of u really good hunters would sit for a day. I hope to get some feed back on this.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Where would u hunt on my land?(PIC)

I wouldn't hunt without scouting and looking for sign and that would pretty much dictate stand location. But just looking at that picture, the 3 inside corners depending on the wind could be good. Especially if you're just looking to harvest any deer.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If im reading the map correctly i would be hunting the ditch.Probably on the left side bordering the bush.Would work as a natural funnel.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just from taking a quick look at the aerial photo, that small strip of woods on the left of your property which acts as a funnel between the two larger patches. I'd set up about 15 yards back in the woods, giving me the ability to shoot 10 or 15 yards into the field, as well as covering as much of the strip as I could simultaneously.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the top of the pic is north I would hunt that west side where the land narrows. It is a natural funnel for both of those patches of woods. Looks like there might be a creek running into there also. Good luck.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

I also like the funnel on the left of photo. Also, the finger of timber that sticks out into the field looks worth checking out. Nice area for deer to stage in the evening before entering the field.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:10 PM

Thanks for all the good feed back. Ya Fletch920 ur right that finger is there staging area i killed a button buck in oct. he was heading north(top) an greased him. But never really took a look at that West side of my land. Im goin to set a few stands up there an hunt there the rest of the week.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:48 AM

Bambie----a little advice on the name. Please don't take offense but that term has caused a ton of negative publicity to the hunting community. I know it is tongue in cheek but since you only have a few posts, no harm in giving it some consideration. Might want to consider a new one.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:47 AM

well now i think of it. that is a offensive name.(this is bambie killer) So i took ur advice an got a new one. Well i hope some more ppl will help me out with this topic im goin hunting 2day at like 1 till dark so give me some ideas im open for anything.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:01 AM

Hey Arrow Slinger---welcome back to the boards under your new name. I'm glad you took my advice for what it was. I hope I didnt offend you.

With that said, I would put a stand in that little patch of woods between the creek and the fields where the field juts in to the wood line. Not knowing the area that seems like a decent place to start.

Thanks for being cool about my suggestion.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Quick Reply: Where would u hunt on my land?(PIC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.