Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her... >

my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

Old 12-20-2004, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

Yep, that wasn't the one. If it was, she wouldn't mind you choosing hunting over her for a few months out of the year.

Look at the bright side. You get to do more hunting now. Hunting for deer and women.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:23 AM

never know what's going to happen. she might realize the woods are a lot better than the bars, hang in there. and when the debate comes up again with your next girl you'll be a lot better prepared in how to explain things to her in a good way, and to avoid this issue and be in the woods all season. one thing i do is encourage jaime in all her hobbies all year, and if it means i take care of a bit more than my share sometimes, so be it - because during season she sure does. some guys here are like cavemen, and i would not listen to them if you want a woman that can think for herself - which is the only kind worth having.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:30 AM

We all love hunting.

No matter how much we love hunting, no matter how great our passion for it, we should never put it above the more important things in life...like family and friends, God, and country. Once your priorities are in line, hunt 'til the cows come home.

As far as women are concerned, if they don't share your passion for hunting, it's always best to meet their needs before your own. When the significant other is happy, everyone is happy. What I'm saying is prioritize...women always come before hunting. IMO.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:39 AM

I'm sorry but there is a bright side. She's a girlfriend and not a wife and you found out now. Had you been married, she either have ended hunting for you or taken half of what you own.[:@]

You're still young and the ocean is huge. There are women out there who support your hunting and some that even want to participate. I can understand being bummed but in all honesty it could be much worse.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Neck,

You are better off, so don't worry about it.

No matter how much we love hunting, no matter how great our passion for it, we should never put it above the more important things in life...like family and friends, God, and country. Once your priorities are in line, hunt 'til the cows come home.
Josh,

I agree with you there.

As far as women are concerned, if they don't share your passion for hunting, it's always best to meet their needs before your own. When the significant other is happy, everyone is happy. What I'm saying is prioritize...women always come before hunting. IMO.
But I disagree with you pretty strongly there as it appears most everyone else does. You are going to wind up being miserable if you always put your needs and wants behind those of your woman. Not to mention most women have no respect for a man that is so easily controlled and will typically wind up leaving him. Relationships are give and take for both parties. If you blanketly choose a woman over hunting then I would say that hunting doesn't mean as much to you as it does the rest of us. If a woman loved you then she wouldn't make you choose in the first place. Ask yourself do you really want to be with a woman that puts her feelings so far above your own? Secondly, 50% of the marrigaes in this country end in divorce. I never heard of hunting divorcing anyone. There are certainly times when you have to choose your woman over hunting and most of us know when that is. As others have said it's give and take and you need to give concessions to keep her happy as well. You have to give some things here and there and not go on hunts that you would have liked to etc. etc. but a blanket policy of the woman is always right, isn't the right answer either.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to try to let them know up front about hunting. Luckily, I found one that is OK with it and doesn't want me to change the things that I love. They are out there, just have to find them. Sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:09 AM

Hehe....maybe I said it wrong assassin.

Too much of my mom's influence I guess...listening to her rant when Daddy off hunting...haha.

I see your point, and I bet you are right.

Heck, I'm young, unmarried, don't even have a girlfriend at the moment, so what do I know about relationships. Should have stayed out of this conversation...lol.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see somewhat of a consensus here. Honor your woman, meet her needs, support her in her endeavors. When it comes time to do your thing, (hunting), make a stand. If she prohibits you from doing this she is not being supportive of you. If she gives you an ultimatum, (If you go I'll leave) then you must close the door and go hunting, let the chips fall where they may. If you are the caveman type all year, then it is all your fault though, for marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

My wife used to get on my case a little during the hunting season. After I got her a bow and in a stand she doesn't complain any more. Wait a minute. She's not complaining because she's in the stand and I'm at home with the kids.[&:] No....She didn't hunt this year because she didn't shoot much this summer, and wasn't comfortable in her accuracy. But still understood completely when I was out.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

When my wife and I first started living together she wanted me to go to her Mom's on Thanksgiving morming. Told her I was hunting, and she started complaining. She thought she won the argument until she woke up and I wasn't there.Left her a note telling her when I'd meet her.

Well it will be 15 years of marrige this news years eve,and she's never argued with me again about going hunting.

Quick Reply: my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.