Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)?? >

How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)??

Old 12-18-2004, 07:26 PM

Default RE: How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)??

Probably close to 100 hours close to 100 deer and nothing to show for it. Shot and missed at 2 deer during gun season. 4 shots
Old 12-18-2004, 07:37 PM

only about 40 hours...its hard i can only hunt when i get home from college on break. i have seen lots of does, only 1 4" spikey. have not seen anything i wanted to shoot.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

I spent six days in the trees without seeing anything. Then I saw a few does and finally a nice buck presented itself and I got him. Spent alot more time in the woods trying to find a nice doe. I logged a lot of time this year but didn't keep track of hours. Saw lots of little deer, and a few small bucks but didn't shoot.

I always tell my son...try to enjoy the experience, if you do it because you want to shoot, well try the 3D target in the yard.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Just the fact this thread even exists speak monumentous volumes on just how much deer hunting has impoved over the last 20 years.

HOURS!
ROTFLMAO!
LOLOLOLOL!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:55 AM

Bout 200 hrs.Saw my buck 3 times ,not a clear shot .Did not shoot the few yrlings I saw and let a big,big doe walk because I new my buck was behind her.Today I did 3 hrs.,driving snow 20 degrees got out of my blind cause I felt it was gonna blow over with me in it and not a track! That's hunting!

tonight's the night,
lizzzard
Old 12-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

Just the fact this thread even exists speak monumentous volumes on just how much deer hunting has impoved over the last 20 years.

HOURS!
ROTFLMAO!
LOLOLOLOL!

Seems to me that since our hour measurements are all the way up into the 3 digits that it's not so different. You act tho we'd said we'd gone 4 hours or something...
Old 12-19-2004, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

Longest I've gone this year without seeing a deer has been 4 hours. But it has been a good year with all the mast.
Try getting off that game farm of yours and venture into public lands where there are a million and one different special gun hunts going on at any given moment and see how you do. jk, I'm sure you are just a seasoned hunter with much experience and of course a nice plot of prime land.

Me? I've clocked in about 60 hours since November without a single arrow flying. I did see a 120ish class buck and a group of does but that was it. Since then it has been 50 hrs.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:29 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

About 50 hours and I have seen three does, all out of bow range. I moved to Texas this summer and the hunting is a lot different that what I'm used to so I haven't figured it out yet. The area I'm in does not have a lot of deer by Texas standards and they seem to be concentrated in certain areas. Unfortuneately the places I have permission don't seem to be those areas. Hoping to do better next year.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:13 AM

300+ hours seen a few nothing worth getting bloody over
Old 12-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well !I've gone over 70 hrs and no deer either for bowhunting,I've had lot's of chance's at smaller buck's early in the season but was holding out for the right one .I continue to have lot's of doe's and fawn's close ,but I'm not interested in them since, I've already got 2 deer in the freezer from the rifle hunt .Even if a smaller buck show's now I guess I'll have to take him since the season is almost over .

nubo

Quick Reply: How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.