Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)?? >

How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)??

Old 12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many hours in the stand with no deer (this year)??

I've spent somewhere between 70-90 hours and have only saw 12 deer and only 5 of them in range. With 2 kills and 2 misses it's been a bad year. It's funny how it seems alot of people are having bad years and then next year everyone will have a good year.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:06 PM

Ive been in one of my 2 stands every saturday since October 16th. I have only seen 3 deer. This year has been terrible for me. I know they are there ! They have eaten more than 700 pounds of corn ( along with a little help from the turkey and squirels ) and have tracks everywhere around my feeder and my small food plot. Ive got about 7 more weeks so maybe the deer gods will help?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:00 AM

I spent 96 hours on stand before I shot a deer
I saw deer every time but twice.
on the 97th hour i shot a doe, and on the 98th shot another doe. two deer on the same hunt with my Knight Super Disc .45. Man I love that gun
Old 12-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try getting off that game farm of yours and venture into public lands where there are a million and one different special gun hunts going on at any given moment and see how you do. jk, I'm sure you are just a seasoned hunter with much experience and of course a nice plot of prime land.
Actually, I'm spending half of my time on public land (sleepy creek wma), and a private section that borders the wma. I have one spot that connects doe bedding areas to a few various food sources that I can regularly go when the wind is right and see 50 does in a morning. And lets not forget that every peice of "prime land" I've hunted in the past 5 years is now a parking lot or development.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

well i spent 2 weeks in illinois hunting around 7 to 8 hours a day.and probably 20 days afield here in ga. and i have an empty freezer.its sad to say but i haven,t taken a deer since opening day of bowseason in ga. last year when i harvested a doe.