Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunters' double standard? >

Bowhunters' double standard?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunters' double standard?

Old 12-16-2004, 12:07 PM

Default RE: Bowhunters' double standard?

wow alot of fighting going on here crossbow is no means easy to kill a deer with but it is not as hard as a compound.. a compound is not easy to kill a deer but easier then a longbow or recurve hunting is hunting in my book there is skill involed.... iam not against crossbows iam againist people thinking that they can shoot 65-100 yards with crossbow.. i wouldnt care if they made crossbow legal during bow season but i would be afraid of people shooting exterme ranges with crossbows... i consider crossbow hunter to be bowhunters and this forum is for bowhunter to find imformation and to help other bowhunter and share stories..... so cant we all just get along
Old 12-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Silent Assassin-- I feel just the opposite. Its bows that should be illegal because they are easier to kill a deer with than a bow. Knowing this, I dont know how bow hunters can feel good about their kills. If they have any self-respect they will petition to legalize spear hunting in their state and make all other weapons illegal. Until then they should all travel to Alabama where they can take deer they can be proud of.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

SA, you can remove your head at any time from the nether regions of your posterior, especially on items you know nothing about.
1. Spears are legal in Alabama in primitive weapon and general hunting seasons in Alabama, not in archery season.
2. Why would I fight to have a weapon removed from seasons that they belong in? I do not now, nor have I ever proposed to have crossbows removed from archery season here in Georgia.
3. I do not reside, nor hunt in Alabama. It would be very presumptios of a non resident that does not hunt in a state to make any efforts to change the laws in that state.

Yes, spears are legal for deer and all big game in 'Bama. There is even a legal definition of a legal spear over there, and if anyone shoudl want they can retrieve it for themselves from the Alabam DNR website, something about hand thrown, certain sixed point, not sure all of the rest, but it is fairly specific.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:39 PM

I don't give a rat's ass how you kill it. gun, bow, spear, crossbow, hand grenade, land mine, 78 ford f-150. It all tastes the same...MMMMmmmmm!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

CC in west

I LMAO when I read your reply, too funny.

78 ford F 150 good sense of humor man
Old 12-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Yes but, the meat gets a little too blood shot with the F150. Pluse it is a waste of a perfectly good Ford.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im thinking about killing a deer with a sling shot, get ya some of that
LMao!! that is too funny!! I once killed a deer with a piece of piano wire. this one time, i killed a deer with a hershey bar, a needle and some tinks 69, when he came up to smell the tinks i poked him in his arse with the needle and smacked him in the head with the hershey bar!!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez is this what happens on these boards when some seasons are over. This is crazy..now we start another thread crying about the same sh*t....geez maybe it's time for me to log out until next year.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hunting them with my front bumper but them critters keep dodging me. When does car season start anyway? I also often think about digging a pit and lining the bottom with pungy sticks. Also I often daydream about smacking a nice buck in the head with a rock, that would be challenging.........

The only reservation I have about crossguns in bow season is the magnitude of people in the woods during an otherwise peaceful time to hunt. I think alot of guys would buy one because it is somewhat easier to master, similar to shooting a gun, and hit the woods. I enjoy bow season for the peaceful time to hunt deer in their normal patterns and habits. I think that the guys who would get a crossgun to bowhunt with were the gun hunters that didn't want to put the time in to master the form needed to accurately take a deer with a bow. Effective range may be similar but the time spent to become proficient cannot be compared, really. I think I would stop short of fighting against it though because at the end of the day we are all the same hunter, just a different tool to do the job. I would adjust I guess.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:13 PM

I happen to hunt with a crossbow, so I've been intrigued by all the posts on this board by hunters who run down crossbow hunters and consider crossbows as everything from unethical to illegal because they are too "easy" to take a deer with. So I wondered how those bow hunters that talk smack about crossbows would feel about someone dissing their bow kills because they chose to use something even harder...like a spear.
from Scrider1

You are exaggerating. How many of those who posted on the crossbow thread actually said unethical and illegal? The gist of the debate on that thread is whether they are truly a bow or essentially a gun, and hence whether they should be allowed during the bow only season or during gun season or their own season.
While you may mock spear hunting, there are some of us in here who hunt mainly for the challenge, and as a result are serious about spear hunting, as crazy as that may sound at first glance. As said in many previous posts, this is not the spear hunting forum (but maybe someday there will be one?) and your thread was appropriately deleted.
Hope everyone enjoys the last few days of the deer season.......

Quick Reply: Bowhunters' double standard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.