Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks >

Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks

Old 12-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks

TH, I honestly have no interest in going somewhere and sitting in a shooting house so I can shoot a B&C. I would never go to a place that handles their deer.

If someone were to say to me we're going to give you a topo map,ariel photo and let you scout out a spot and hunt it. That would interest me.

I have no interset in hearing someone tell me "we've been seeing this 170 every night in this bio logic field you need to go and sit in this blind tonight" That requires no hunting skills on the hunters part,none.

I've said before and I really beleive it"you can't tell how good a hunter someone is by the size of the racks in their living room."

If you can afford $20,000 dollars for a hunt go for it. It's your money. I just don't automatically get excited at seeing a dead large racked deer anymore. Not with what's going on in the hunting world. Why because some of the people shooting these deer couldn't find their way around a 40 acre woodlot.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tx, Stated in another thread he doesn't care if a deer weighs 50 lbs as long as it has a big rack. On another thread he said something along the lines of me and my buddies would laugh at a deer of that size. He has said how he wouldn't let his buddies on a lease he shares shoot a buck until it met his standards.

If this is the attitude of the modern day hunter I feel hunting is in trouble.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:56 AM

None of the deer that I posted on this thread came from a high fenced ranch.
from Txhighrack

My bad. Thought these were a pen shoot. (big pen that is). Guess this ranch is more like an expensive lease arrangement.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:17 AM

Most of the negative replies comes from envy and Jealousy.

I guess you guys wouldn't like to hunt 50,000 acres of prime mid west land? If you killed a deer there would you consider it a joke?

Now, I personally don't approve of most of the hunting tactics used in TX, but to each his own. Not everyone wants to be challenged. One thing is for sure, those are huge deer.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:21 AM

Hunting is kinda like owning a car. Every body pays to hunt and everybody pays to own/drive a car. Some can only afford to drive a 1973 beetle bug, while others can afford to drive a 2005 ferrari. I dont think the amount of money somebody spends on what they love should be held against them. Its their money and its thier choice.
from
Txhighrack
Some of those 73 beetles are getting awfully expensive though, lol.
True, it is their money and their choice. It seems to cheapen the experience to have pay those kind of dollars though, IMHO. Maybe I say this because I have my own property in nearby MI and rights to a great honey hole here in IN. And while I could be driving that Ferrari, I chose the VW.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:40 AM

pictures of deer kills from highfenced hunts should be posted to the shooting forum
Old 12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

TH, I honestly have no interest in going somewhere and sitting in a shooting house so I can shoot a B&C. I would never go to a place that handles their deer.

If someone were to say to me we're going to give you a topo map,ariel photo and let you scout out a spot and hunt it. That would interest me.

I have no interset in hearing someone tell me "we've been seeing this 170 every night in this bio logic field you need to go and sit in this blind tonight" That requires no hunting skills on the hunters part,none.

I've said before and I really beleive it"you can't tell how good a hunter someone is by the size of the racks in their living room."

If you can afford $20,000 dollars for a hunt go for it. It's your money. I just don't automatically get excited at seeing a dead large racked deer anymore. Not with what's going on in the hunting world. Why because some of the people shooting these deer couldn't find their way around a 40 acre woodlot.
I agree with you 100%, if I did have the money to put money like that on a hunt, I would definately want to do the scouting and preparation myself. I couldn't put myself in another stand that I have never seen and didn't do any work to put it in that location. Basically everything Charlie P said. Just my $.02
Old 12-16-2004, 02:37 PM

What dont some of you guys get!! These deer did NOT come from a high fenced ranch, they did however come from one of the largest private held peices of land in the world. Not all the deer that I posted came from the king ranch, only 3 of the bucks did. The other bucks came from other low fenced pieces of property that are owned by different people. And most of the deer that I posted where bowkills.............

If I posted a picture of a 420" elk that was taken on the White Mountains Apache Reservation, would you guys still bad-mouth the elk and/or the hunter? Probably not, some of you guys crack me up.

And I really dont care if you guys "approve" of some of the hunting tactics that we Texans are aloud to do. Personally I dont care much for Deer drives, party hunting, hunting a piece of public land that has more hunters then deer, or hunting bears over bait. But I never tell anybody what I think unless they want my opinon.

And yes everybody pays to hunt, but to different degrees.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:49 PM

Charlie P:

I really dont know why your always walking around with your panties in such a twist, pull them out and loosen up some.

And isint there rules in this forum that say "no personal attacks" (my above line isint one) so whats your problem with me, just curious?

He has said how he wouldn't let his buddies on a lease he shares shoot a buck until it met his standards.

I didnt say anything about them being my budddies and I didnt say anything about "sharing" the lease. I did however say that I lease out part of MY ranch to a group of guys. If that group or any member of that group, does not follow my rules and/or shoots a buck that is "off limits" then they wont be back next year, plain and simple. You have to set rules and enforce them or people will walk all over you. Needless to say I dont like to be stepped on.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:58 PM

Charlie P:

One other thing, it seems like your always try to take a "cheap shot" at everything I say on these forums. Then when ever I respond and prove that your post is a lie, you simply fade away and dont say anything else. But of course your lie is left on the board for everybody to read, and alot of people will see it and think that what it says is true, when it simply isint.

Now if your going to keep hi-jacking my threads and filling them with lies and pointless questions, then I guess I will have to start finding your post and doing the same thing. Its really quite childish, but for some one like you I guess its fun. Thats kinda sad when you think about it......

Quick Reply: Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.