Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Single Or Dual Cams?? >

Single Or Dual Cams??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Single Or Dual Cams??

Old 12-14-2004, 08:22 PM

Default Single Or Dual Cams??

What are you guys using and why?

I got a solo cam recently as a gift and I like how easy it is to tune but I feel so much more comortable with my old Darton dual cam I keep taking that out.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:27 PM

Default RE: Single Or Dual Cams??

Now using a Mathews SQ2 solocam.
Have used both types sucessfully, but I just love this bow for treestand hunting.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:31 PM

Thanks Gulf, I got the Mathews LX , its nice and small and really an easy bow to shoot , I dont know why I like my old bow better, maybe because its a proven "whacker"
Old 12-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is not a doubt in my mind that the dual cam system is better all round than solo cam. I've only been shooting these crazy things for 30 years. I get at least one new bow every year. Been shooting solo cams since 1997. Duallies before that. Now I am back to a dual cam---finally. Level nock travel is not an issue. Neithr is cam-lean which causes sideways oscillation of the string. The string is parallel with the riser and not angled across it top to bottom. With the improvements in string material over the last 5 years the issue of cams constantly going out of sync is gone (assuming you put good rigging on the bow). Smoother draw, more quiet, faster.

Now, if only someone would do away with that stupid cable guard that pulls everything to the side, creating torque on the limbs and wheels. Oh, I forgot. Take a look at the Martin X-System (shoot through cable system). I got a new Shadowcat coming. Can't wait.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:13 PM

I buy most of my bow equipment from Ingram Archery here in arkansas. Ingram is the world 3 D champion. He switched from Matthews team to hoyt after he won the championship with hoyt. he likes the cam and a half on the new hoyts. says it holds in there rock solid. I personally have never shot a solo cam. I shoot a dual cam high country and i love it, but I think it shoots well because it is a longer, more forgiving bow.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

How do you creep tune a solo? You can't! Thats one down fall. But overall I think there good.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:43 PM

solo cam. in my opinion they are easier to shoot. more forgiving
Old 12-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a martin single cam right now, just liked the bow and how it felt to shoot.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:52 PM

I currently shoot a PSE Thunderbolt 4x4 (Dual Cam) and have had it for over 5 years. I have never had one problem with dual cam bows. Just check the cam timing from time to time, do regular maint and never have to worry about it. Nice and straight shooter for me...
Old 12-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with your darton , maybe change the string and cabels and have the axils and bearings checked and lubed . Ill never get another single cam bow , but thats me . I had alot of trouble broadhead tuneing single cam bows with a few exceptions , the best of which was a mathews q2 . Many manufactures are going to hybred cam bows , and reintroducing dual cam bows , or a variant thereof . There has to be a reason for that .

Quick Reply: Single Or Dual Cams??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.