Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The south Tx 190"+ club >

The south Tx 190"+ club

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The south Tx 190"+ club

Old 12-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The south Tx 190"+ club

That first blonde girl looks about my age! And I think that we have something in common!
Set me up with her!!!
hahaha
Jim
Old 12-13-2004, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Who wants to pack up and move to Texas with me?
Me Me...i wanna go.

IF we get enough people we could take a bus!!
Old 12-13-2004, 06:23 AM

I wish I could afford to buy one of these and turn him free in the woods of maine for breeding purposes. My guess is they've got good genes and an abundance of high protien foods.

Those are some very fine specimens.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:29 AM

Yeah, I posted ohio's pics, and all of them were free ranging bucks. I think a free ranging-trophy is more of a trophy than a bottle-fed buck..., but I know some of you guys in tx just use high fences. Not us...
Old 12-13-2004, 12:16 PM

Yeah those are all nice deer, but not the only ones with a nice rack...damn she is hot
Old 12-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Deer! Too bad most were probably killed behind fences. But I guess everybody has his (or her) own way of hunting, even though it may not be your own.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

I'll drive buddy.
Leave me directions to your hunting grounds when you go Hiawatha . I'll take the big rack and big bodies from the free-ranging "bushes of Saskatchewan" anyday.

hats off to you Texas hunters. I'd also have no issue with racks like that regardless of what size thier bodies are.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:36 PM

i don't know if it's just me but i don't get this ...deer contest for high-fence hunting operations. i guess if you want to win you go to all the outfitters and check their inventory lists before booking your hunt.

not trying to put anyone down but i find it hard to be the least bit impressed with bucks taken behind a fence.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:32 PM

Not all these deer where taken in high fenced ranches like I said earlier the blonde's was killed at a low fence ranch. If you go to the website you can see what deer were taken on high fence and low fence, archery ect... Just cause its a big deer from Texas doesnt have mean it was killed on a high fence...lol and 90% of Texas hunters hunt low fence areas..
Old 12-13-2004, 08:52 PM

avid_bowhunter2005:

Yeah, I posted ohio's pics, and all of them were free ranging bucks. I think a free ranging-trophy is more of a trophy than a bottle-fed buck..., but I know some of you guys in tx just use high fences. Not us...
LOL, do I smell a little envy??

I never said anything about these deer coming from "high fenced pens" nor did I say anything about them being "bottle feed". These are just things that some of you guys, who think you know everything, assumed for no other reason other then the fact that these deer are from Texas.

About 50% of the bucks that I posted came from a none high fenced ranch. The bucks that I posted that were killed behind a high fence, came from ranches that are bigger then some counties in the eastern states. The first picture is a buck that grossed 217" and it came from a 50,000 acre high fenced ranch. Now for all I care, the great wall of China could be around the ranch and I still would consider all the deer taken as "fair chase". Just because you have a 20 year old 8 foot fence around the place, dosent mean the bucks are going to be tame on the 70 square miles that the ranch makes up.

i don't know if it's just me but i don't get this ...deer contest for high-fence hunting operations. i guess if you want to win you go to all the outfitters and check their inventory lists before booking your hunt.
LOL, yeah thats exactly how it works. "Hey BOB, you got a 200" buck tied to the Mesquite tree out side; I really want to spend $5,000 to shoot him, because I might win a $50 jacket at this Big Buck Contest that I entered". LOL, on second thought I dont think thats how its done.

Quick Reply: The south Tx 190"+ club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.