Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The south Tx 190"+ club >

The south Tx 190"+ club

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The south Tx 190"+ club

Old 12-12-2004, 07:45 AM

Default RE: The south Tx 190"+ club

The hot chic's deer was taken on a low fence ranch, as were a few others...
Old 12-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice bucks each and every one.

If the bodies on those Texas deer ever catch up to the racks you guys down there are going to have to start carrying bigger weapons!

Is it just me or is that buck in picture #6 smiling??.... I guess I would be smiling too if a beautiful young lady, with bullets hanging around here bare midriff had her paws all over my bo**........er...ahem.... me. [8D]
Old 12-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If they grow blondes like that on the Ranch, sign me up....
Old 12-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

The heck with deer hunting, how about deer hunting for BLONDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I want one like that, the buck is ok too!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2004, 11:43 AM

Damn fine animals. Some of the comments compare body size to rack. Being a native Texan and having spent most of my life in rural South Texas areas of this great state (please notice I let the nation thing go to help keep this thread focused) I'd hold that these are incredible bucks. The Los Cazadores big deer contest will have the premier deer. It is one of the largest and most well-known contests.
Racks are influenced by genetics and forage. Feeding is legal in Texas - though most agree hunting a feeder taints the trophy. Typically, feeder hunting is considered unethical. At my lease we use feeders to keep the game in the area. This includes the turkey, deer, and feral hogs. Between the food plot research and the combination of minerals into feed, racks are achieving incredible size! This includes low fenced ranches. However, Bergman's law prescribes that size is proportional to the proximity to the poles. Bottom line: the closer you are to the north or south pole, the greater and animal's size. Based upon that premise, the Texas deer should never get to the size of deer that are found in the Kansas and northern latitudes. Furthermore, we've had very adequate and in some cases record rainfall after many years of drought in Texas. This improves forage for non-fed deer, too.
Texas has a huge amount of public land and even manages wildlife in reserves and state parks via "draw hunts." I've seen nice deer taken from both.

The quotation below further illustrates Bergman's law:
"Within its range, the whitetail has several subspecies such as the Coues
of the desert southwest. In all there is over 30 recognized subspecies, over half of which are found north of Mexico. To hunters this is not especially important, although the whitetail is the perfect example of Bergman's Law. This biological principle says that the farther north an animal occurs within its range, the larger its body will be to help it retain body heat during cold weather. The farther south an animal occurs in its range, the smaller its body will be, and the longer it appendages will be help it disperse body heat during hot weather. In a nutshell, this is why Prairie Province whitetail often top 300-pounds, with the United States' smallest known whitetail subspecies, the diminutive Key deer of southern Florida, rarely exceed 45-pounds." - www.allwhitetail.com

I know that the hunters are proud of their trophies regardless of harvest technique technique. I'd certainly be proud to have a deer like any one of these!

David
Old 12-12-2004, 02:31 PM

nice RackS! haha
Old 12-12-2004, 02:40 PM

Nice rack id defiantly mount the blond one.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:06 PM

LOL, I knew that picture would get ya'lls attention. Her family owns an 8,000 acre ranch in the heart of big buck country. It seems like she takes a 160"+ buck every year. I think she gives the Martin bow girl a run for her money. Imagine having those two as hunting buddies.....

Anyway, all of the bucks that I posted came from private land in south Texas. There is only about 20,000 acres of public land in south Texas and you would have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting the chance to hunt one of those WMAs. Some of the bucks that I listed where killed by bows, the others where of course killed by rifle. If you go to www.loscazadores.com you will see several 200"+ bucks that I did not list, and come tommorrow night they will add more bucks that were entered into the contest last week.

This buck was killed on public land in south Texas. The buck grossed 160" and was 3 1/2!!

Heres another lady hunter with a buck she killed on her families south Texas ranch......

Old 12-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who wants to pack up and move to Texas with me?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Who wants to pack up and move to Texas with me?
I'll drive buddy.

Quick Reply: The south Tx 190"+ club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.