Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy 100 experience this year... >

Muzzy 100 experience this year...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy 100 experience this year...

Old 12-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy 100 experience this year...

I have shot Thunderheads for about 8 or so years and i decided to try muzzy's this year. I like them, but i dont care for the thickness of the blades. Everyone I shot, one blade was either bent in half or really rounded over after the pass through..

I think I will be going back to a thunderhead next year..

Just my two cents
Old 12-10-2004, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Muzzy 100 experience this year...

You said 100 grain right? I have found them to be too small for my hunting needs. I use the 125 4-blade and I plowed through my buck this year. Not one of the blades bent, except when we had to pull the broken off arrow from the opposite rib. Only then it was just kinda dulled, not bent.

You might consider using the 125 4 blades, they fly true *don't have to resight after using field points*, and they leave a way better blood trail with good penetration in the deer.

Just my 2 cents....

Taylor
Old 12-10-2004, 07:17 AM

I only put an arrow through 1 deer this year and burried it about 6 inches in the ground after passing through and I didn't did see anything unnormal (the usual nicks in the blades)about the condition of the blades after the kill. I definately didn't bend or break any of the blades.

I have a question though, do you change the blades out after you've shat a deer with them? I'll use the same ferrul but I always replace the blades.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy
I like them, but i dont care for the thickness of the blades. Everyone I shot, one blade was either bent in half or really rounded over after the pass through..

I don't understand. Once I shoot a broadhead I throw the blades away anyway or use them for practice and replace them with new blades from Muzzy's replacement packs so.....what difference does it make if they are bent after a pass through...who's to say your not smacking rock etc...after going through the animal.....I'm confused, obviously they performed perfectly.. but that's why there are so many manufacturers out there. One for everybody.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm like the rest, I replace my blades everytime I shoot a deerso bent blades never factor in. You can't beat MUZZY"S
Old 12-10-2004, 09:44 AM

I think we are all coming from the same area, that you should be glad that you're having pass-thrus. As for the dulling of the blades or "rounding"; that is common with all types of fixed blades. Trust me, I used Thunderhead 125's for 2 years and in my own opinion they don't compare to the bone-busting power of Muzzy's. I personally don't know of any blades that can go thru the deer and dig into the ground, and come back perfectly sharp enough to use again. After they've been shot thru one deer, they become target blades.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Blades on most heads aren't made to bust through bone......or rocks. Blades are for slicing. Bout any head you use needs new blades after shooting an animal and in the case of one piece broadheads, they need touched up.

Muzzy 100 grain user here, no complaints at all.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:38 PM

I ain't got nothin against 100 grains, just personal pref for 125.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

ain't got nothin against 100 grains, just personal pref for 125
I am with you there, I've used both successfully. 100 grains is just my setup now after using 125 grains for many years.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot muzzy 100gr broadheads and haven't had any problems, but I only shoot them once and retire them for practice or small game. I have had blades come back nicked up or a little bent. A little tip: I was using last years blades to tune and one of the blades had a nick in it causing it to fly erratic and off the mark.

Quick Reply: Muzzy 100 experience this year...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.