Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Girlfriend got the fever!  What will he score? >

Girlfriend got the fever! What will he score?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Girlfriend got the fever! What will he score?

Old 12-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Girlfriend got the fever! What will he score?

Congratulations.

You are a very lucky man (on several levels).
Old 12-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck, im gunna say around 128''.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if I should congratulate you more on the buck or your girlfriend?? Both are fine trophies in my book. I think finding a soulmate is a lot harder than bagging a big buck even in areas where there are few big deer..

I will probably dissappoint you with my guess but whatever they turn out to be, I think your buck is outstanding. I love the color of the rack and that bent G1, is that cool or what.

Pictures are so deceiving so I always hesitate to give an opinion because it doesn't take much to be fooled. Your buck would be classified as a typical main framed eight. Of course he has the extra point on the end of his left beam which looks to be roughly two inches long. The "stickers" or "kickers" off of the tines that are over one inch in length are scored as abnormal points. In the typical catagory which your buck would be scored under they end up being deductions, in a nontypical catagory, they could be added to the final score. Either way, on your buck it isn't that big of deal because it would appear that there are only a couple that would influence the score slightly. His broken G1 (right brow tine) doesn't help your score either, but again, in the end, it is no big deal.

I would guess him to be just shy of the 130 mark on the gross side. I would not be surprised if he was a little more than that or even in the low to mid 120's. I would guess him to net around the 120 mark or less. Hey, but then what do I know...my favorite color is camoflauge!

At any rate, let me just say, Great hunt, great buck, great story, great pics, and great girl!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck! I guess and say around mid 130 to low 140`s.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:34 AM

Wow that is great, congratulations. Does she realize how fortunate she was to see you shoot one on her first time out? My wife sat with me one time last year (2 stands back-to-back same tree). We did see a few deer and had a doe walk right beneath us but I passed the shot. She had fun and siad it was "awesome" to see the deer so close. The only problem we had was getting her into the stand, LOL. The last step onto the stand was a little reach and she was scared to do it, I thought she was going to hang on the side of the tree forever before she finally made it. I hunt in the same tree with my boy quite often and it can be a great bonding experience.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats, nice buck. I would gross him about 135. He will net right around 125, just my 2 cents, really don't mean much.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a nice buck ya got there,congrats to you and the girlfriend.
Score------He would be scored as a typical with a few deductions with the broken brow,an extra g4 on the right and some stickers.My guess would be 126 after all said and done.
All in all though he is a great buck and something to be very proud of
Old 12-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gross score 127

net 117.

Congrats
Old 12-08-2004, 04:10 PM

That is an awesome buck, and it's great that your woman likes goin huntin' with you man. I really want to get mine involved a bit too.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Buck!!!!

Quick Reply: Girlfriend got the fever! What will he score?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.