Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Some of my bow "harvests". Mounts (new pics added) >

Some of my bow "harvests". Mounts (new pics added)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Some of my bow "harvests". Mounts (new pics added)

Old 12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Some of my bow "harvests". Mounts

Nice mounts!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful place you have there!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Love the mounts, especially the bear!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great collection thanks for sharing with us also
you have a Beautiful home to!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those are some beautiful mounts Rob...and the inside of the cabin looks great!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

wideone, thank you

Mantis Mayer, and you too. [&:] lol

Turkey Fan, It was a package from Lincoln Logs Ltd. out of upper state NY. I had a contractor complete the outside of the house weather tight and then I took over and finished the inside myself, with friends and family of course. I'll add more pics of the house this week but for now you can take a virtual photo tour of my house on line. My log home dealer features it on their website. Go to www.jackandkay.com , skip the intro, in the upper left corner click "Building a Log Home"...it features my home, click play. Thank you

kshunter, thanks for sharing in it as well.

adams, thank you and your right, not only the animals but the house itself has a warm welcome home feeling. My friends who come hunt with me from out of town love coming to the "lodge" to hunt...lol

nubo, your mount will come my friend. My first is in the 4th pic by the elk clock. It hangs in my office over my puter.....he wasn't a giant but he was injured. He had been hit by a car the year previous and his left femur bone was sticking out of his skin and healed over. His leg was locked so he was walking on the top of his hoove. I had to honor him so to speak.

flintflinger, check out the link above and I'll add pics soon, thanks. Sounds like a great project you took on, do you do anything in the same field for a living?

RTA47, thank you but we in these "cabins" call them home...LOL Check out my link above for more of my cabin..lol and others.

IL-Cornfed, thanks for the enthusiasm, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Carpmaster, thanks

Bowfanatic, thank you Doug

Texas Hunter, yeah, I like the Bear as well. He was taken in Quebec on the second day of a 5 day hunt. A full mount was the only way to go. He currently was moved from his home there by the steps to allow for the 11' Christmas tree, I moved him to the window and I often wonder what would happen if a bear came on my porch....I do have them around...might hear some broken glass.[&:]

coyote170, thanks, your username..do you like the yote mount?

Frank, thanks old friend. I can't wait to add the gobbler mount. I have 21' peak in the center of the great room with a main beam up the middle supporting the loft. My gobbler is mounted half strut, gobblin off the limb and I'm putting him on this main beam so it appears to be in a tree when you walk in but from the loft he'll be eye level. Of course I'll add pics but it'll be in the turkey forum this spring.

Thanks all
Old 12-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a shot of this years Christmas tree and a shot off the loft towards the mountain stone fire place, you can see my best buck and elk each side of the fireplace. This is in my great room.

Old 12-08-2004, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Rob, the deer mounts are great, but what stands out are the coyote and bear mount. I would love to get a coyote mounted...but first I have to shoot one, then try to figure out where the heck I would put it in my house.

For the last 3-4 years, I have been trying to talk my wife into the log cabin/home thing. She's more of a city gal, but I am slowly but surely turning her on to the possibility of a log home when it's time to build/buy. That's still a few years down the road, but thanks for sharing the pictures of your home and game with the rest of us.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:05 AM

Nice cabin, pics, and bucks!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

hunter25, thanks and good luck on your coyote and getting the Mrs. to set her mind for a log home. For me, it was my dream and everyday I come home after work or a hard day hunting, the house feels so welcoming. Like someone said to me when I was working towards a log home, set your mind to and work for it.....don't give up, it'll happen.

Avid_, thank you as well.

Quick Reply: Some of my bow "harvests". Mounts (new pics added)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.