Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nub with arrow in him! >

Nub with arrow in him!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nub with arrow in him!

Old 12-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Nub with arrow in him!

Very long and confusing story made short! He came by my stand in tow with his momma and I took a shot at her and I knew I missed! I watched them after the shot for 5 minutes. They jump off down the ridge. I got down to look and make sure it was a miss, I was right. My arrow clean as a whistle. The weird part: I walked over to an area where the two ran to after I shot, about 15 yards away and blood everywhere! I was pretty much confused. My 3 hunting buds came over and we followed this blood for like 7 hours! We went to both ends of the blood trail and nothing. This trail went for a long way, doubled backed, crossed a road and into the swamp refuge! Got permission from the DNR to look in the refuge and the trail ended in water at dark! I was bummed pretty hard as this would possibily become the first deer I would not recover! We decided to come back in the morning and look more. That evening when I get home I review the video tape of this hunt and I noticed an arrow sticking out of the button bucks left side. When they came in I noticed the scond deer was a nub I never looked at him again till the video footage. Boy was I suprised. He had an arrow in him already! Hard to tell from a still photo but is there! A severe angle down. I took this pic from my video camera. I wish I could post the video but I don't know how. Just thought I'd share a hunting pic and story with ya! Good Luck!

Anyway this is the first time I used photobucket, hope it works!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...l/IMG_0110.jpg
Old 12-05-2004, 01:47 PM

Default RE: Nub with arrow in him!

Video does not lie. I think that is one of the best things I have ever done was to buy a video camera and a Tree Pod mount for the camera. It adds a whole new dimension to the hunt. Ive been told that it ads movement and all that but it really is not that complicated. Just set the camera to standby and hit the record button. It solved a mystery for you that would probably still have you second guessing yourself. If you never have considered a tool like this you should. As a plus you will be able to share a lot of your hunting experiences with your friends and family. Especially the non shooter deer and other wildlife you encounter.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! cant really see the arrow but do notice the nub, They are some tough animals. I guess he mended hisself when the bottom half was dead and dangling. Awesome animals.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know its hard to tell but if you look you the dark hole on his left side by ribs! That is the entrance hole and the arrow sticking out of it. It almost looks like a stick or branch from tree but it is an arrow. This deer is standing about 45 yards from my tree! Good luck!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

I see it now, WOW hes unstoppable call the national guard
Old 12-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

How about that,never seen that before
Old 12-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still dont see any arrow. I see a stick that looks like an arrow, But I cant believe thats an arrow, It would be a LOOONNGG arrow if it was.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Believe it man it's true!
Old 12-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man that,s right there in the bread box. Must of had a 20 pound bow.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:07 PM

Are you referring to the mark (hole?) behind its shoulder? Or is it the long stick (arrow?) angling down behind the last rib?

That is an amazing story...

Quick Reply: Nub with arrow in him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.