Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nub with arrow in him! >

Nub with arrow in him!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nub with arrow in him!

Old 12-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nub with arrow in him!

If I'm seeing this correct ,I can't believe that that arrow didn't do enough damage to cause this deer to expire .I'm speaking about the mark right behind the shoulder that kind of look's like part of a branch.
I've just checked the pic again ,now the spot I'm thinking of is behind the shoulder ,but I see another spot behind the back rib ,which I'm now figuring is the spot your talking about.

nubo
Old 12-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes the hole and yes there is an arrow sticking out of that hole. The deer is getting ready to turn to his right and bail, that is when you can really see the arrow. As he turns the arrow goes with him! I'm trying to get a better pic but he gets blurry when I do a frame by frame. This is a photo that I took today from a video footage. This happened like the 1st week in Nov.!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey nubo, right in the boiler room! The arrow lines up almost perfect with the thicker branch on top. There is alot of the arrow sticking out of the deer!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's one heck of a tough animal then .Never seen a pic quite like this before .Great photo work bowhuntingfool. I hope you can a better pic ,you've got my interest now.

nubo
Old 12-05-2004, 09:04 PM

I see it now. It looks just like a branch coming off the tree, but if you look closely you can see the fletching. They are tough as can be. The bull me and my dad shot this year had a muzzleloader ball in it, and a broken off arrow, and was doing great. He had a herd of over 20 cows, and some fat, as much as can be expected right after the rut. They are unbelivable.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I STILL dont see it. Make a picture with an arrow pointing at the arrow or something. Or atleast tell me where the fletching is, so I can or something.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I see no fletching in any photo or video, just the carbon shaft. If you look right in the boiler room just behind the left shoulder a tad bit high there's a dark spot(hole) with a thin shaft sticking down into it!

heres a different angle! You can see a busted off arrow shaft.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...shot0122.jpg:D
Old 12-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the arrow where the blue or green cross hairs are? If your talking about the green one, That looks like an awful small carbon shaft.

Old 12-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Green! The blue looks like dried blood or what not, also looks like some leaves caked on his side! I agree about the thin carbon! I just watched this footage over like 25 times again. Slow motion, frame by frame. He is a good distance away! I agree it is hard to see. Also notice the steep angle? When he turns and runs he is spotless on his right side, but BLOOD everywhere he was standing, then when he ran it got spotty for a long while. Seemed to be movin pretty good except when he first turned and ran. He would come down pretty hard his first few leaps!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think thats an arrow. Im not sure what exactly it is but its not an arrow. Im not saying your story is made up. I just dont think it's an arrow. Thats an AWFUL thin carbon arrow if its an arrow.

Im studing the pics, could it be a stick stuck in the wound? The more I look at it, the more im convinced its not an arrow. But oh well, its past my bed time. Ill talk to you tomorrow!!

Quick Reply: Nub with arrow in him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.