Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poachers - and they're the law! >

Poachers - and they're the law!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poachers - and they're the law!

Old 12-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Poachers - and they're the law!

Whatta ya do, when a big buck was poached next to your property during the height of the bow hunt rut. It was gun shot on a tribal tag (which is legal on tribal land or public land) But word has it this monster was shot on private land. I have no proof, but it bums me out when I hear stories like that - especially when the guy who did it is the sheriff!

Its hard enough living in an area where road hunting with a spot light happens all the time - now I hear the laws on their side...
Old 12-03-2004, 10:15 PM

Default RE: Poachers - and they're the law!

yeah, sometimes you wonder if there is law, or why do they call it law if now one will enforce it. it seems that the hownest people out there are the ones that get hosed!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was gun shot on a tribal tag (which is legal on tribal land or public land) But word has it this monster was shot on private land. I have no proof, but it bums me out when I hear stories like that - especially when the guy who did it is the sheriff!
man i feel for you ,but don't think you have the market cornered on road hunters and corupt law enforcement, a couple of years back a law enforcement person was charge in alabama for killing a deer in a niegberhood (sp), somewhere around birmingham, maybe someone on here will remember the story and can set the record straight. but anyway about it it sux. if you could get some proof and bust the jerk that would be great, somehow, somewhere the truth will leak out.

have a good rest of the season
Old 12-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hear shooting at night around here all the time.dont even bother to call the PGC anymore. they never come untill days later.the local cops know about it and tell me they talked to the PGC and they have the dont care attitude. to many deer anyway they say
Old 12-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

all the biggest deer around here get whacked by cops, during bowseason, at night, with a 9mm to the face... they brag about it, it pisses me off to no end
Old 12-04-2004, 02:23 AM

up where i hunt night hunting is a big game there are so many deer that you have beat them with a stick to get them out of your garden the cops and mnr wont do anything they say as long as your off the main road they dont care. and yes it pisses me off when you see all these big bucks at the meat shop and you know some of them were taken at night. HA remote deer the mnr set out they get shot to lol one got run over by a truck.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have heard horror stories about the reservation hunting up north, pretty scary! I just wish the law would enforce the laws instead of breaking them! I am sure glad the DNR where I hunt goes by the book! The warden will give ya a ticket for not signing your bag tag, as he should! Maybe if they cited more people for breaking even the basic laws they would have more revenue, instead of raising the HUNTERS fees! JMO!
Old 12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

They're all jerk's , and they're just hunting the meat ,Sure it pi$$es us off but what can you do unless you have actual proof.

nubo
Old 12-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Get a rope!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you say linch him Texas hunter ,sound's good to me LOL

nubo

Quick Reply: Poachers - and they're the law!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.