Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MAGAZINES

Old 12-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MAGAZINES

I am thinking on getting a magazine subscription for a bowhunter magazine.I would like some input on which one is the best and why.
Normally I would just go to the local convenience store and buy one off the shelf,normally bowhunting world.
Whats everyones favorites
Old 12-03-2004, 02:15 PM

Default RE: MAGAZINES

I read Petersen's Bowhunting sometimes. I like it better than most of the others. More often though, I just come here. Better info and the price is right.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Petersons Bowhunting and Bow& Arrow hunting. Being obsessed with big bucks and the largest antlered deer in the taken in the nation I also love North American Whitetail.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:43 PM

I have a sub to Peterson's but IMO Deer & Deer hunting is the best informational mag out there on hunting deer.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also agree deer & deer hunting has the best info of all the mags.
It is my fav subscription.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason!

I have 2 subscription's ,one to Peterson's bowhunting which I find to be the best of them all,and the other is Bowmaster's which is very cheap but great for new gear on the market, and lot's of great little tip's on setup of your equipment. I also like Bow&arrow it's a pretty good mag as well.the thing that I like about bowmasters is that they're all short stories that get right to the point .Peterson's has alot of great hunting stories in it .I wish we had a mag that could combine these 2 mag's together .

nubo
Old 12-08-2004, 05:32 AM

Default EBAY is THE place for subscriptions...

TRUST ME!! Go to EBAY!! Go the the section on "books" then "magazines". You can search and find ALL KINDS of subscriptions for practically nothing. THIS is NO SCAM!! I've been doing it for a while now. I just bought three years of Peterson's Bowhunting for $12.95 - TOTAL! Not for one year, but for three. I've got more subscriptions than I can read now. You can get all kinds, too - Muscle mags (I got a year of Muscle & Fitness for $4.99), Sports mags (ESPN, etc), hunting/fishing mags. Tons of cheap bow hunting subscriptions - just look around. I didn't believe it at first, but it's real and it's real CHEAP!!
I tell everyone I know. Just go look around - you won't believe it!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Best magazine I ever read is Treestand bowhunter. I bought it off the shelf at a local convenience store. The only problem is that it is at least double the price of any other magazine (hunting related). It cost me about $16.95 for one issue.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is kind of a hard question because I feel like everyone takes something different from a magazine. A lot depends on what a person likes to see and read. Some are better on the information end (example Deer & Deer Hunting) and some are better on the story side (North American Whitetail). Some combined bow and gun (both of the previous examples mentioned do) and some don't (Peterson's Bowhunting, Bow & Arrow, Bowhunter etc.). Then you have those that try and pull off some sneaky marketing schemes that really get under my skin (for example, Bowhunter Mag &/or Buckmaster Mag.).

Depending on the day,I enjoy looking at Peterson's Bowhunting, North American Whitetail, and Deer & Deer Hunting in no particular order.

Of course unlike most males, some of the articles don't interest me but I LIKE to look at the pictures.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

what cornfed said.

1-north american whitetail
2. petersons bowhunting
3. bow & arrow hunting

bowhunter, imo, used to be the best in the late 80's early 90's. they changed a lot of their editing and style of layout. its just an average magazine at best.

Quick Reply: MAGAZINES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.