Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BE CAREFUL..... I almost paid for it today! >

BE CAREFUL..... I almost paid for it today!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BE CAREFUL..... I almost paid for it today!

Old 12-01-2004, 09:05 PM

Default BE CAREFUL..... I almost paid for it today!

Hey guys,

Well guys, this is a friendly reminder to be careful and think straight in the woods! This morning I decided to head for my ground blind with my bow in hand and hope for the best. It was raining when I woke up with roughly 15 mph winds. I got in my blind at about 6:00 a.m. and had over an hour till it got light. I decided to lay on the ground and take a nap instead of sitting in my lawn chair and waiting for light. I had all the windows closed and my flash-light was turned off. Well, I had just fallen asleep and I heard a small twig hit the blind which woke me up. I could hear that the wind was getting some slightly harder gusts but nothing too bad. Well, I closed my eyes and again I heard twigs hitting the blind. The wind was starting to pick up and I decided that it was time to get my gear and head out of the woods. As soon as I sat up, I heard a lot POP and next thing I know, I can feel the roof of my blind pushing down on me. I had no idea what happened as it was pitch black and I reached in my pocket to turn my flash-light almost seemed as though something had ran into the side of my blind. Well, I turned on my flash light and could see that the other side of my blind was smashed down and the top of my lawn chair was broke in half. I crawled out of my blind and looked to see a large pine tree laying on my blind! I didn't even stand around, I left my bow and gear in the blind and just ran out of the woods. At this time, the winds are howling and I can just hear branches snapping off trees. Well, I went to my house and waited till light to go down and check out the scene. I got my bow and gear out and then I had to grab a friend of mine to help me push this tree off my blind.

Thankfully the blind was fine, it just folded the thing back up with me in, but more importantly, thankfully I am fine. I don't even want to know what would have happened if I was sitting in the chair! The pine tree was about a foot in diameter!

So guys, this is a friendly reminder, be safe out there. No deer is worth risking injury over!
Old 12-01-2004, 09:32 PM

Default RE: BE CAREFUL..... I almost paid for it today!

WoW Buck Magnet, what are the chances of that happening! Its good to hear you are alright, and no harm to you or your bow. Good story to tell in the future.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear you wern't hurt Jason ,Now you can still get out after that big buck .

nubo
Old 12-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Spike

Yeah....today had some really gusty winds here in MD. Trees were falling left and right block roads.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn good thing you decided to take a nap and not sit in your chair! Makes you wonder about divine intervention?

I dont think I would have left my bow there though. To me that would be like running off and leaving my wife behind.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont think I would have left my bow there though. To me that would be like running off and leaving my wife behind.
LOL, heard that!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason,

Glad to hear you weren't hurt.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good thing the bow wasnt hurt, Wheww!! Had me worried. Seriously, What are the chances?!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I heard trees snapping all day from my yard. Glad your OK
Old 12-02-2004, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very glad to here your ok! Sorry to here about your blind. But blinds can be replaced. Life can`t! Everyone be carefull out there and stay aleart.

Quick Reply: BE CAREFUL..... I almost paid for it today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.