Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your landowner tells you he's poaching... >

Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Old 12-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

jack ryan, the guy I'm hunting with is not the problem at all. He'd turn him in in a heart beat but it's dealing with the spouses family... VERY sticky.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:26 PM

I'm boldplates younger brother. On our farm the deer were poaching our food. That just meant longer rows of bean bushes for us to try to pick through after the deer got done. We were on our family land and we didnt buy licenses. We then made use of the meat. We didnt consider it poaching nor did the warden. As well, if some dog got to chasin our cows, it died. If it was a neighbors dog, they got warnings to get the dog, if it kept up, it died.
That being said, when we were off our land we would buy licenses, tag em and all that. But if your guy is killing just to kill, let the warden know what you know and let him do his job.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:07 PM

I think if hes only hunting without liscense i wouldnt turn him in. If hes spotlighting or using illegal gun i would deffintly turn him in. I wouldnt consider hunting without a liscense as poaching as long as they arent shooting deer in a illegal way.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bscofield

jack ryan, the guy I'm hunting with is not the problem at all. He'd turn him in in a heart beat but it's dealing with the spouses family... VERY sticky.
I'd still give the same advice.