Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your landowner tells you he's poaching... >

Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Old 12-02-2004, 01:23 PM

Default RE: Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Adams, I mentioned later in my post about tags, I totally agree... that's why I suggested informing the warden of the area that may be being poached so they can monitor it.

That was kinda exactly my point.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:53 PM

turn a guy in for shooting a deer on his own farm? you gotta be kidding me. i wouldn't turn my neighbor in for spotlighting a deer on his property if he was only taking enough for food for his family. people are poor where i live.
that said, i've only seen one person out here trying to spotlight and he wasn't local and he got run off. people, to my knowledge, are playing by the rules out here and i'm real proud of them. but i sure wouldn't turn a neigbor in on his own land. some of you people are government crazy.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

I never said he owned a farm... this is not farmland. It's just a plot of woods that borders another larger plot (where there IS farmland).
Old 12-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

turn him in
Old 12-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think if he was going to poach something he wouldn't tell anyone, and he wouldn't use a gun, he would use a bow. If he is that stupid and quilty he will get caught soon enough. Unless I had positive proof I would lay low with open ears. Some people like to talk a big fight but back down when confronted. Why loose your only spot over hearsay! If he's guilty he'll brag to plenty of folks , I'm sure. Then if needed you can step in.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Please as long as he is using the deer meat for food and not wasting any then remember its his property and even thougth you may not agree with what he does do you really want to see him face the legall repercusion. Would you turn your friend in for doing 55 in a 50 or having two beers and then driving. Live your life the way you choose and as long as he is not "destroying" the already nuisance deer population, enjoy his land.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:29 PM

That idaho hunter sounds like hes got it all figured out. Man its great being in the presence of intelligent people[:'(]
Old 12-02-2004, 05:30 PM

I have known a lot of people like that over the years. Did their actions:

1) Drop the number of deer, or hurt the herd? No. The dnr is getting more and more relaxed with deer permits

2) Hurt me in any way? No.

Poaching is a stupid word that the dnr uses for a person that wont pay up. It is not a sin for someone to kill a deer without a tag, it's just illegal. It would be a sin if a guy had a tag, shot a deer legally, then let it lay. That my friends is wrong.

The world revolves around money. That is why it costs money for a tag, and it costs way more money if you're caught hunting without a tag.

What you have described is not a big deal. Let the guy do what he wants on his land.

Now, the pheasants are a diff. story. That is just plain wrong to do that to such a tempermental species. That kind of behavior is the reason there are hardly any quail left in IL. That along with farmers tearing out fencerows.

My $.02
Old 12-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing or find a new place to hunt.

Probably nothing. If he needs to poach, I doubt he's going to kill anything I'm after.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bscofield

well the final twist, and since I'm bringing this out a little at a time some of you no doubt will thinking I'm BS'n you but I'm honestly not... The guy who owns the land is related to the guy who I hunt with on it.

The infraction: No tag, hunting with a rifle (IL only has allowance for shotguns).
I don't think you are BSing at all. I'd bet you didn't have any place to hunt and didn't even know the land owner until you were invited to come hunt as a friend of a relative of the land owner.

Keep your mouth shut and find a new place to hunt. And a new friend to hunt with while you are at it.

Quick Reply: Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.