Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This should heat it up....... >

This should heat it up.......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This should heat it up.......

Old 11-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default This should heat it up.......

How many of you feel like a good deer has an * by it or that it doesn't really mean much or certainly not as much when it was killed by a gun? Please answer your true opinion not the politically correct opinion. I will be perfectly honest that when I am talking to someone about someone killing a big deer and they tell me they shot it with a gun. In my own mind I am thinking well that doesn't even count or that's no accomplishment. That's just how I feel about. I don't care if a guy has five 190 class bucks on the wall, if he didn't kill them with a bow, then I don't admire, respect, or look up to his accomplishment. I do occaisionally gun hunt and it goes the same for me when I kill one with a gun. I don't feel like I did anything and like adams mentioned I literally feel "dirty" about it. Do you feel this way:

A. to a certain degree

B. not at all

C. absolutely

Please explain your answer.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:06 PM

Default RE: This should heat it up.......

i think you've got a chip on your shoulder. maybe you feel dirty because you are being hypocritical, not respecting any deer taken with a gun, but you still hunt with a gun. doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

think you've got a chip on your shoulder
Why because my opinion is different than yours?

maybe you feel dirty because you are being hypocritical, not respecting any deer taken with a gun, but you still hunt with a gun. doesn't make any sense to me.

Well that's absolutely part of it. I spend 99% of my time hunting with a bow because I think gun hunting is too easy and doesn't deserve the respect that bowhunting does so naturally when I kill one with a gun I feel like I shouldn't have done it that way and that I was cheating.

doesn't make any sense to me.
So you have never gotten frustrated at anything and decided to take the easy way out?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:14 PM

B.
Politically correct as I can be, I think that is a very ridiculous statement, and that goes for all those who believe that bowhunting is the only true respectable hunting method. Being a hunter at heart, I know that all legal means of harvest are challenging in their own regard and should be respected.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being a hunter at heart, I know that all legal means of harvest are challenging in their own regard and should be respected.
I respect your opinion but I wonder do you also extend that belief set to the hunting of small enclosures where legal?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

C

BUT

I still admire the animal just the same if it was shot by bow firearm or a road kill.

I don't get excited when someone shows me their gun kill like I do when they show me their bow kill.

Political correct or not its my thoughts on the subject.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

think you've got a chip on your shoulder
Why because my opinion is different than yours?

no you appear to have a need to argue.

maybe you feel dirty because you are being hypocritical, not respecting any deer taken with a gun, but you still hunt with a gun. doesn't make any sense to me.

Well that's absolutely part of it. I spend 99% of my time hunting with a bow because I think gun hunting is too easy and doesn't deserve the respect that bowhunting does so naturally when I kill one with a gun I feel like I shouldn't have done it that way and that I was cheating.

so why not give up gun hunting, you sound like a drug addict who cant kick a habit he feels is bad for him. if you dont like the way hunting with a gun makes you feel, give it up.

doesn't make any sense to me.
So you have never gotten frustrated at anything and decided to take the easy way out?
i do what i believe is right.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:40 PM

silentassassin,
No I don't believe in fenced-in huntin' or whatever it is. I've not been associated with it, and so I didn't include that when I was thinking of my response.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Spike

I must answer a to your question, as I have decided to only bowhunt. Your opinion would have more meaning had it not been for the fact that you DO GUN HUNT! To feel that way and express contempt, you are certainly being hypocritical.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:54 PM

SA-
A.

The ultimate up close and personal "I got you" whitetail experience would be a BowieKnife though if that is what you are getting at.

BTW how many 190+ class deer are hanging on your wall due to a rifle?

Quick Reply: This should heat it up.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.