Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This should heat it up....... >

This should heat it up.......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This should heat it up.......

Old 12-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This should heat it up.......

I think anyone willing to make a statement like that is not much of a sportsman. That is just how I feel about it. I don't care if the person has ten 200 class bucks on the wall. If he holds that opinion, I no longer admire, respect, or look up to his accomplishments.
Well that's the beautiful thing about this country that we live in. We are free to think, feel, and even post what we want to. While we have greatly differing views I respect your right to have and voice those views. Good hunting!
Old 12-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Im really surprised that everyone here is fighting like school children over something so silly.
It's the end of the season melt down. Happened last year too.
No don't say that too soon. I still have 2 months with unlimited bag limits on Does.

SA let me know if you ever go on a trip and need another person to fill in a spot. I'd love to go on a trip and shoot bull with you after we harvest our trophies with our bow.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

No don't say that too soon. I still have 2 months with unlimited bag limits on Does.
And I have a full month to fill my buck tag.OH how sweet it is.Its only getting better
Old 12-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

hunter25:
You're talking about taking an animal by two different means...so in my opinion, it's basically two different sports. Yes, they're both deer hunting, and both difficult...but obviously one is much harder than the other.
One of the most intelligent observations on this thread.

NorthernMN:
I hear too many people talking about rifle hunters as a group.
You do realize that you made the above captioned comment directly in the wake of disparaging bow hunters as a group. I can understand how you "feel" about gun vs bow, but, hands down, bow hunting is more difficult and more challenging in terms of taking mature animals.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Woah buddy!!! Now you've done it! Great post and I couldn't agree with you more! If the guns are for only one thing, it is for a massive reduction in deer population, and for that I see their only necessity. If you see it, you can kill it. When I see a big buck killed by a gun I cringe...I don't think if a mature buck had the skills to live as long as it did, it deserves to be killed by the bullet or projectile of a gun. But then, that's me. Does killed by a gun is good meat for the hunter and that's where I draw the line. When I can't kill a mature buck with a bow, I'll take pictures. Good luck to you.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to go with C.

I definetly don't get the same feeling as i would if I had taken the deer with a bow ,nor do I get as excited looking at a deer that has been taken by a rifle ,althought I do appreciate and respect the animal for it's greatness. We all need to respect each other for our feat's regardless of which weapon we choose to hunt with.But this is why we get hooked on bowhunting because it definetly give's us a different outlook on our harvest's and a different scense of accomplishment. It's definetly give's me a different perspective on hunting and all it's got to offer.

nubo
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

i do not think any less of a trophy if it was shot by gun. deer gun hunting in wisconsin is out of the rut and the heavy hunter pressure can force those big bucks to go almost completely nocturnal. i hunted almost all day everyday for the wisconin gun deer season and i only grabbed my gun and considered shooting a buck once. this buck got up out of the brush 5 minutes before close and never moved once the rest of the day. deer and especially bucks simply arent as active at this time than they are during the rut and that presents a challenge to many gun hunters that bowhunters avoid
Old 12-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

A quick question for those who feel less impressed by a trophy killed with a gun......

Do you feel less impressed by a trophy killed by bow on a large tract of QDM land than you do by a trophy killed by bow on public land or small tract of land in a non QDM area?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:07 AM

Hmm this is one touchy subject and since it was posed as a question and not a personal attack ill give an honest answer no polotical correct crap just an honest answer I just like my friends bow hunt the season is much longer than gun i do like getting up close but i wont pass up on a gun hunt a trophy is a trophy it dosnt matter what method the trophy was taken by it a trophy because there arent that many that size there is a lot more game harvasted with a gun than a bow but it does require some skill and practice to hit your target with gun or bow and you have to be there when the deer show up or whatever game your after i went gun hunting monday and didnt even get a shot off i did see a really nice deer but it was getting to dark so just like the last time i was bow huntin i seen deer within range but didnt get a shot there are a lot of guys and girls who go huntin and dont get a chance at harvesting any game i hunt a lot of public land and a whole lot of hunters leave empty handed im my opinion for what its worth i consider it a privalage just to get out to go hunting and enjoy gods green earth the method of harvest isnt as important as just getting what little time i get to hunt and i cherrish every minute of it gun or bow huntin we only have so much time on earth i make the most of what i have there thats my 2 cents