Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MAJOR BUCK!!!!!! Dilema!!! >

MAJOR BUCK!!!!!! Dilema!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MAJOR BUCK!!!!!! Dilema!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:46 PM

Default MAJOR BUCK!!!!!! Dilema!!!

Okay guys, here is the deal.

Today, my aunt stopped in at my house! She had just seen a local buck that is a legend as it walked in front of her car! There are seriously well over 100 people who know about this buck and who are chasing this buck. I have never seen this deer, but from what I have heard, this deer is a typical that would range somewhere in the 190" range, yes, 190"! The dilema is that this buck is "believed" to be on a huge farm open to hunters. This place has been literally packed with hunters, a major archery shop owner had actually shut his shop entirely down since 2 weeks before archery season so he could try to pattern this buck. Well, the buck has moved and is now over 1-1/2 miles away. It is hanging out in private property that is used by a greenhouse business! The thing is that my cousin works at this place and said that I could hunt this property! I would be the only person hunting this property!

Now, the dilema. Would you take your bow knowing that it would be a better feeling to harvest the buck with a bow, or would you take your rifle knowing that it is your best chance at this absolute giant?
Old 11-29-2004, 07:48 PM

Default RE: MAJOR BUCK!!!!!! Dilema!!!

Heck yea i would go for it as long as you have permission man
Old 11-29-2004, 08:00 PM

Wow tough choice. I personally would take my bow but if you feel more confident or satified with maybe getting it with a rifle then take it. Either way sounds like you will be one popular guy if you get it.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Dont mess around----RIFLE and now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THis buck could be another 1 1/2 miles by the weekend.

GO get him!
Bob
Old 11-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

why dont ya take both. And then decide when it happens...
Old 11-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason!

It would be the proudest moment in my life if I was able to take this legend with my bow ,You said he's a legend and what better way to take him than with your Liberty he deserve's this respect from you a rifle wouldn't be giving him credit for being the legend you say that he is. I'm sure it would be fine to take him with your rifle but to me the ultimate would be the bow.If you didn't get him this year he most likely would still be around for next season,he's obviously very wise to hunter's and is not going to be easy to take .

If I were you it would be the bow,and knowing a little about you ,I'm sure that's what your thinking as well .

Now get out there and try and get him if you can
Good luck bud

nubo
Old 11-29-2004, 08:48 PM

smokyghost I think that is probably illegal, at least in SD i think it is.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:09 PM

If you take it with a gun you will regret it. " Bow Only"
Old 11-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Easy choice: Do you want to have had the satisfaction of having hunted him, or remember the feeling of having simply shot him?
Old 11-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

After making darn sure I had permission (talking to actual owner of property and not just employee!) I'd grab my bow and head out.

Good luck to ya!

Quick Reply: MAJOR BUCK!!!!!! Dilema!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.