Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bob Coker's outdoor show is terrible example >

Bob Coker's outdoor show is terrible example

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bob Coker's outdoor show is terrible example

Old 11-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bob Coker's outdoor show is terrible example

Has anyone else seen these shows? I have only watched two, but could not believe my eyes. The first show I saw was in Mexico hunting deer. The first deer was shot with a rifle with another buck standing directly behind the first. Even my nonhunting wife noticed the lack of ethics! Next deer was shot by Bob with a bow at over 70 yards! The deer had time to jump the string and turn to run before the arrow hit it square it the butt. Bob said I hit him a little far back. Folks it doesn't get any farther back that straight in under the tail. Ofcourse, he clipped an artery and recovered the deer. Nice example for beginners huh? Next show, they are chasing the same elk around for 3 days in what had to be a pen. Had elk being chased by them etc. First elk shot was by a guy using a crossbow and he takes a shot with the elk quartering towards him. Poor choice if you ask me, but he gets his bull. Then Bob is up with another ridiculously long bow shot of 92 yards at his bull that is trotting with the same herd they have had run around and around. The bull is surrounded by other animals and he lets one fly. Actually put the arrow in the right spot but had marginal penetration. I guess you lose a little kinetic energy at nearly 100 yards, go figure. Sorry, just was really frustrated with this show and the total lack of ethics it portrays. Is it worth emailing the outdoors channels? Apparently "Hail Mary" Bob has been too busy setting a 150 yard pin on his bow to respond to my concerns I emailed him. Good luck all!
Old 11-23-2004, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Bob Coker's outdoor show is terrible example

Hey Fletch, at what time and on what channel is this show on? I would like to see Bob's ridiculous antics.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say that that's pretty rediculous ,I have a hard time believing that any channel would even consider showing this type of ethic's .90yrds+ is as stupid as it get's for anyone .

nubo
Old 11-23-2004, 08:41 PM

guys i did some checking on the net and found this guys website i viewed a few of the video's
he has on the site and i have to say this guy is a major A @@CLOWN i think a few well versed letters to the network would definately get his show cancelled quick.

in the 1 video i watched it was for a add to go hunting in africa they showed a bait pile that looked to be 2foot high and at least 10 feet around and it looked to be carrots now how many carrots grow in africa but i will leave it to your discretion check out his site and get your own opinions

http://www.outdoorswithbobcoker.com/
Old 11-23-2004, 08:59 PM

Just saw his 'show' on the men's channel on the dish network. I too was astounded at how he thinks of himself as a hunter. The show that I saw was him bow hunting elk. He was about to shoot at an elk (broadside at 80 YARDS), I said to myself "surely this guy is not going to shoot this elk at 80 yards with a bow." Luckily, the elk trots off and the camera pans back to Bob and he remarks "five more seconds, and he would have been mine..." If you listen to the commercial for the outfitter that he was using, they 'guaranteed' their hunters' success...hmmmm, No mention of fair chase at all. I sure would like to see Bob with our outfitter in Wyoming next year where it is truly FAIR chase for elk, on second thought, no thanks.

Regards,

GSjohnny
Old 11-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

A cracker head
Old 11-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of his hunts was at the triple J ranch in Texas, her eis an exerpt from there website:

"At Triple J Elk Ranch, we are proud of the quality of elk bulls we have to offer. We breed with some of the top producing hard antler bulls, producing some of the best bulls in the world today. With our special feeding program, we have bulls that are 5X5 to 8X8 ranging in scores from 290 to 380."

Sounds canned to me but other than the mention of 1500 acres of hunting ground they don't specify. They do however also offer blackbuck, fallow and axis deer....
Old 11-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

the video i watched he made a 92 yd shot and made a good shot, if he practiced and was confident of his shot, and the video i watched he got the elk... then i dont see a problem with it, im not saying all of his videos were like that but the one i watched was....
Old 11-24-2004, 11:22 AM

No tellin how many animals hes wounded with these long shots. The TV only shows you the good shots.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:07 PM

I agree! I have seen this MORON's "hunting" show also. It is totally absurd. I think that we all definitely need to start writing letters to the network.

Quick Reply: Bob Coker's outdoor show is terrible example

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.