Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting a joke?

Old 11-17-2004, 11:27 PM

Default Hunting a joke?

Hey guys.
Not sure if this is the correct area however, I was wondering what everyone's ideas are when they hear something like this..

"Parks wouldn't be needed if people didn't hunt. Also, the money comes from there permits to hunt, which makes sense. We need to register cars to drive on roads, why shouldn't hunters buy permits to hunt? Hunters wouldn't voluntarily pay for this animal conservation if they didn't have to. We buy fishing licenses so that ponds can be restocked. You buy permits so that wildlife can be maintained."

"Yeah, I do realize that hunters inadvertantly pay for parks, though I'm sure it's not by choice. But tell me this, why do we need animal conservation in the first place? It's because of human influence that animals go extinct, specifically because some people like to think hunting is a sport. If turkey and pork bought from the store don't taste as good as something you shot and killed, then check your recipe books 'cus you're doing something wrong. But hey, I don't eat any of the above, so what do I know, right? Oh, one more thing...have you even seen Bambi? His mother was shot by a hunter..."

"I was saying, the need for conservation and the creation of provincial parks and such, is because of human influence. This thread is about hunting though, and as much as everyone tries to defend it, I'm not going to agree. It's black and white really. Killing an animal living in a natural environment, for selfish purposes is wrong"
I was wanting to hear responses from true avid hunters.
Thanks.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting a joke?

LOL ROFLMAO that person must be a tree hugging communist hippie and a member from the green party who resides in san francisco, Kalifornia aka "the gay bay". people like that crack me up that post is funny as heck. where did you find that post?? I'd love to reply to it.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

A educated dummy , on crack with a limp wrist
Old 11-18-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad I'm college Educated, at least I attened it anyways..lol
Old 11-18-2004, 07:13 AM

It's pansies like him that give the public a bad outlook on hunting.
And as for "selfish purposes..." I shoot my deer to help out with food! I'm sorry if we aren't all well to do in this world and some of us have to rely on what nature can provide just to help with financial difficulties[:@][:@][:@]!! And do you ya think that Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett went to Wal-Mart and bought Pork and Beef? NOT A CHANCE IN THIS WORLD! This guy needs to read about the ethics of hunting, and then try and attack the sport[:'(]!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

[:@] How ignorant can a person be? Well the post above just proved it. If it wasn't for hunters there wouldn't be any animals thanx to disease and inbreeding they would either die off or they would be some mutant looking thing that everyone would run in fear of. I think that this person needs be hugging a tree in a raging forest fire somewhere. He is a stain on the underwear of society as far as I am concerned.

Good luck and shoot true fellow deerslayers.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:55 AM

The part that burns me is he is implying that the only reason parks get built by money from hunters is because we are forced to pay for licenses. If you look at it nationally a large part of funds that go to habitat improvement come from non-profit groups like Ducks Unlimited or Pheasants Forever. Money given to these groups has nothing to do with licenses, just money given by hunters to preserve and protect the animals they love. I'm not sure where I heard it but a reporter was asking a head hauncho with the DNR what he thinks can be done to save some endangered species and his response was to open a hunting season on it. If you look at most game animals that do get hunted they are thriving these days and in some cases like deer there are more now then there was when Columbus arrived.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a jack-A#$!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unreal. He does however have a point about Bambi... How pathetic.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

What an idiot!!!!

Very typical of people who are so outside the rhelm of the hunting world. Pretty ignorant. I also love how anti's bring up BAMBI!!!!! Give me a break. Is your life a cartoon? Mine isn't. If you want to compare your life to an animated firgure, by all means go ahead. Animals don't talk...does he know this? Give me a break!

j

Quick Reply: Hunting a joke?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.