Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting a joke?

Old 11-18-2004, 08:35 AM

Default RE: Hunting a joke?

bambi is a cartoon!!!

I think everyone should stop fishing incase they would catch Spongebob, and duck hunting, incase the shoot Daffy Duck. [:'(]
Old 11-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

How do I respond? Well, obviously I disagree with that individuals point of view. But I am glad we live in a Country where he can express his thoughts freely. It would be nice if this person were to come into a forum such as ours, and express his or herself and we could politely enlighten them on our viewpoint.

Reacting with anger or slander is most likely what this person thrives on. A simple, educated, low keyed discussion would defuse the situation and may even get a point or two acrossed to him.

God Bless America!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh, one more thing...have you even seen Bambi? His mother was shot by a hunter..."
Wasnt' Bambi a doe?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Oh, one more thing...have you even seen Bambi? His mother was shot by a hunter..."
Wasnt' Bambi a doe?

No, Bambi was a buck. I've got to agree with Badatta2d. I disagree with their point of view, but they are free to have it.
BTW, where did this quote come from anyway?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:52 AM

This guy has no idea what the meaning of Wildlife Mgmt. defines. From the way he talks it's not even in his list of vocabulary words!! It's those who are uneducated on a subject that make themselves look like freaking idiots when they start giving their opinion’s on subject they have not a clue about!! There are no facts of what this guy is saying, he's only saying what HE feels is right and wrong. People like that burn my a$$, what an idiot!!!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:19 AM

One of the first questions i would ask this poor ignorant kid would be...

1. Does a hunter portrayed as evil in a cartoon animation who shoot's a young deer equal anything to do with reality? Is the cartoon animation real? Does it resemble real life?

2. A response to his statement of "hunters wouldn't voluntarily pay for conservation"...which is complete bull. It was hunters who pretty much invented it. When the buffalo we're almost gone is one example but there are many more where hunters have created conservation etc. Ducks unlimited, rocky mountain elk foundation...that pimple faced greenie wouldn't even know what conservation was if it weren't for hunters. Poor kid is just too ignorant to know any better.

3. "Yeah, I do realize that hunters inadvertantly pay for parks"...like i said above, this poor ignorant greenie has no clue what he's talking about. My guess is he/she is all of about 14 years old.

4. "It's because of human influence that animals go extinct"...gee, that is a very profound statement, not. Wonder if this kid has any idea that animals have gone extinct without our 'influence'? Where are the dinosaurs kid? What an idiot. I wonder if he also knows that its because the 'human influence' that many animals are saved from extinction? Hunters influence?

5. "If turkey and pork bought from the store don't taste as good as something you shot and killed, then check your recipe books 'cus you're doing something wrong." Ha, got you now you little puke. So its okay to raise animals for food but we can't go out and kill them the old fashion way?...the more natural way? Can this kid get any stupider? Too funny.

6. "But hey, I don't eat any of the above, so what do I know, right?" LOL, EXACTLY, What do you know? By the sounds of it....nothing. What else can you say. He obviously has no idea what it really means to be a human being...and he's having a difficult time coping with the realities he's discovering about that because all he did was watch a glass box growing up. And know he thinks he knows everything about everything...what a dumbass. He doesn't know anything about anything.

7. "Oh, one more thing...have you even seen Bambi? His mother was shot by a hunter..." OMFG, this is outstanding, how old is this kid? It seems he has a tough time separating reality from cartoon animations...somebody keep the drugs away from that kid. What a stupid statement. Good entertainment though, i'd rather listen to this kid than watch bambi anyday.

8. "Killing an animal living in a natural environment, for selfish purposes is wrong" Well here's where the fun starts boys and girls. This is the whole reason this kid thinks this way.

He grew up watching disney and anthorpomorphism (Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena), all his life so he's been basically brainwashed that killing animals is wrong. That it is somehow not natural etc. etc.

However, reality doesn't make that distinction at all. Animals killing animals is natural, and we are just another animal on the planet. What we do isn't wrong, its normal, natural and right. If he chooses to kill animals behind the walls of civilization and steering wheels etc. then he probably doesn't even realize it. He's killing animals the same as everyone else except he's doing it out of ignorance. Whats the worst of the two evils to you?

The impact and difference to the environment between you and him are so small in the big picture of animal death caused by humans as to be moot. Here's what really stings those little greenies though...we hunters can still kill animals face to face the more natural way. We don't hide behind computer screens etc. to do it screaming i don't kill animals, i'm better than you type crap. They don't seem to like it than other human beings can not only understand what they are, but also accept it and embrace it. They just don't get it and they don't want to get it...in their minds the world is supposed to be different than the realities the learn as they get older.

Why is that?

Because when we go to 'Jone's farm' on field trip in school we go to see the cute fuzzy farm animals who likely have names etc. We don't go to see them grow, see them killed and dressed and then cut up and packaged for the store...nope. That is if the school's are even still taking kids to the farms these days??? These kids are left at home by parents who 'protect' them from life's realities and only let the cute cuddly warm fuzzy stuff enter their eyes and ears. Every t.v. program on the tube for kids is so full of 'talking animals who are our friends' that its no bloomin wonder they are confused.

We just need to do our part to educate the poor little buggers. To educate them what they really are (human beings)...and what that really means (we kill animals, all day, everyday), and the reality that this is not something that is right or wrong....but just plum natural. We give things titles such as 'right/wrong' etc. We make up those terms. We are not gods, we are animals, and we kill animals to survive...where in the real world does it say we are not supposed to enjoy it? I enjoy life, and killing animals is a part of life...so why is it only okay to kill an animal if i feel horrible about it?

Like i said, these poor kids are simply just ignorant, they just don't have a clue...their parents, the educational system, let them down on the most basic educations of our reality. The world is so convenient these days we don't have to educate these simple realities anymore...but it hurts us not too. Generation after generation of soft greenies that have no concept of reality, of their own reality, of what they really are.

Its pretty sad really.

B
Old 11-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

The number one reason for reduced wildlife numbers is habitat destruction. That means housing and industrial development. With our current regulations, there has never been a single case of wildlife becoming endangered from hunting.
You can hunt on a 500 acre forest for the next 100 yrs and see no significant change in animal and bird populations. Build a housing development and shopping mall on the same piece of land and the wildlife will all be gone tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 AM

While I don't know the motivation for this tpye opinion. I supose if you one never has been in the outdoors in there life and doesn't know anyone who has might be able to fomulate such a profoudly ignorant position.

Tim
Old 11-18-2004, 10:15 AM

i hate when people act like that..they have their opinion and whatever but they go trying to start stuff with the hunters by going and stating their opinions where they know someone is gonna fight back. They need to go keep their little opinions to themselves or between their treehuggin friends.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:32 PM

This joker kills me!!!! I love his take on why animal conservation is needed. Hte ignorance of some people!!!! He thinks that animals will become extinct. This cat is a serious dumb_ _ _!!!! Just wait until one of his friends or relatives hits a deer (for example sakes). His tune will change real quick on why animal herds need to be maintained!!!!

Quick Reply: Hunting a joke?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.