Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you were...

Old 11-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you were...

I will and have made the offer. Right now with the places I've been hunting, I do them the favor of ridding the deer (though I guess I have to stop passing them up). A lot of places I have access to they are multi-millionairs. What can you do for them? They have everything. I take some of my best home owners a good bottle of wine.

If someone wants to hunt my property please do and please shoot everything that moves. Except my dog, cat and depending on how my kids are acting not them either. I don't expect anything in return except dead deer.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:30 PM

if it was my land and i let hunters use it the only thing i would really apreciate and exspect would be a thank you seems to me the biggest thing we have lost track of in our busy day to day lives is the ability to remember the simple things like manners
Old 11-19-2004, 07:56 AM

A simple christmas card that says thank and look forward to seeing you next year goes a long way. That being said, I train dogs a lot during the summer, my training partner is a lobsterman and he often drops off a few lobsters as a thank you for letting us use the fields.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 AM

I'd be looking for a hand shake, a plesant greeting and an offer to help out. If the man likes a drink now and then it wouldn't hurt to figure out what's in his closet and show up with a bottle of that special syrup.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would show total respect for him and his property,Offer money, Offer to help work or any other kind of help if he needed it, Say thankyou as many times as it needs to be sead so he will know that i appreciate him letting me hunt on his property.