Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I've created a monster!   Yes!! >

I've created a monster! Yes!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've created a monster! Yes!!

Old 11-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've created a monster! Yes!!

Whats he pullin on that bow?
Old 11-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats. You must be very proud. I hope my son, that will be here in late March, takes after yours.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:53 PM

I got a story to share. My first year of deer hunting i was 12. Shotgun, not bow, but still good story. ok it was about 8 am, and my toes were about to freeze off so i decided to walk over to where my dad was to see if he's seen anything. Get there talk to him, all he has seen is does. First year of gun hunting so i was willing to take the first non baby that walked by. So he said go back n wait ppl are chasing deer all over the woods around us. I get back, and bam take a big old 8 at about 75yrds. He was down n dead so i ran to get my dad. Well he was helping gutt the deer. When a huge 12 runs right by his stand. I felt sooo guilty, at the time. But now im 16, and will do most the scouting to pay him back.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:42 PM

That's great Gryan. My oldest is 6 and he is hooked already - I can't wait til his first deer.

Tell you son congratulations and keep up the good, ethical hunting.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome!!!

Your obviously very proud and rightly so. Shoot, I'm proud of him and I had nothing to do with it!!

Aren't you the guy that as a young kid passed out when a deer came in??? If so, you certainly broke that "spell" with your boy. What's your dad saying now?
Old 11-18-2004, 04:44 AM

Ok, did you have to bring up the passing out thing?

Honestly, I've haven't told him about that yet. Don't want to plant any seeds! I suppose I can now. What is one more person making fun of me?

Someone asked what he is pulling, sorry to all the speed demons on here but he is pulling 48lbs and his arrows are 24.25 inch 1916's. They go a blinding 156 ft per second! All of his shots were pass throughs except the last one. (It went through one rib and lodged in another on the other side) It's all about shot placement.

Thanks for all of the congrats and I know he'll love reading every one of them!

Greg
Old 11-18-2004, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want to live where you do - 4 deer in bow season. Must be nice. We can only get 2 (What am I saying, I have a hard enough time getting 1!!! )
Old 11-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gryan congrats to you on raising a fine young man. I know exactly how you feel as I am going through the same thing. My son is 16. When he was 2 I started taking him with me. I had co-workers and hunting buddies that thought I was nuts for "wasting my time" taking a little kid. Well there kids are in trouble now and want nothing to do with their dads. Mine still goes hunting with me and I couldn't be more proud of him. Spending time with your kids pays off big time as you very well know.

Also tell your son congrats on holding out for the right shot and then making it count.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:44 AM

That's awesome Greg!

I can't wait until mine are big enough to hit the field with me. I can only hope they are as sucessful as your little man.
Actually, he has great self control, I am totally blown away by all of this. I love his ethics too. He is starting to talk about only shooting a buck that was bigger than the last one!
I think it's great he's setting goals for himself. Don't push him but if that's what he want's more power to him. It looks like you might just end up with a trophy hunting onster on your hands soon. Give him a high five for me!
Old 11-19-2004, 03:42 PM

Another hunter hooked for life. That is great stuff. Congrats to your son and to you for intriducing him to this great sport.

Quick Reply: I've created a monster! Yes!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.