Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 coyote and arrows >

coyote and arrows

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

coyote and arrows

Old 11-10-2004, 07:39 PM

Default coyote and arrows

I have herd of people saying that coyotes have been known to pick up bloody arrows. Has anybody ever had this happen or is this a myth?
Old 11-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coyote and arrows

Thats a first for me. I never heard that before? But i would`t doubt it to be true[&:]
Old 11-10-2004, 08:07 PM

Thats actually a good question I have never had it happen to me or never heard of it happening but why couldn't a coyote mistake it for a bloody bone or something like that. I wouldn't put it past the rodents. lets just hope it chews on the pointing end first ouch.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:34 PM

Ive read that somewhere before, never had it happen though. I wouldndt doubt it. The story i read said the guy shot at the yote, then it ran about 10 yards, turned around, went and grabbed the arrow, then ran off.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know about coyotes, but my golden retriever got a hold of the arrow I shot my deer with this year and chewed up the aluminum shaft and licked the broadhead clean! No cuts in his mouth either, go figure?
Old 11-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hadn't ever heard anything of it, but I did have an experience about 2 weeks ago. Here's the deal. I shot my doe, she died only 10 yards off a pretty decent 4wd road. I drug her to the road, laid down my arrow, bow, flashlight, and knife. The next morning I realized that I was missing my arrow. I specifically remember lying it down and not picking it up. I went back that afternoon and the gut pile was completely gone, licked down to the dirt and my arrow was nowhere to be found. I know for a fact that I left it there and it was gone. This is a place that is not hunted heavily at all, so i really doubt that someone picked it up. Anyway, just my take.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe they are selling them at the flea-markets
Old 11-11-2004, 02:21 PM

They do. I shot a doe to fill one of my two antlerless tags in september(filled the second tag in october), was a gimme 18 yrd shot and arrow went into hillside, couldn't find it for the life of me and it should have been easy, bloomin grass. Anyhow, went back a week ago to have another look and a coyote found it for me, its not useable because of the chew marks etc. but i got my broadhead back in perfect shape, albiet a little rusty(B52). Arrow was sittin up on the grass and nice and easy to find...thanks mr. coyote. Anyhow would still like to stick an arrow him, or his buddy, for eatin part of a doe last year on me, tis amazin what they can do in an hour and a half.

B
Old 11-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was lucky enough to shoot a deer....and then have a coyote come by and mess with the arrow...he would get a arrow in his side for his trouble.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:28 PM

You just cat trust those dang coyotes! Down here we have fireants and if you don't get down right away the arrow will be covered with the little @%%$@@'s. Then there are these real big "carpenter" ants that could very well haul off an arrow. We stuck some empty .25 cal. brass into one of their holes and about an hour or so later they had removed both of them and hauled them off somewhere.

Quick Reply: coyote and arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.