Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking ahead already???? >

Looking ahead already????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking ahead already????

Old 11-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Looking ahead already????

My season technically isn't even over yet and I'm already looking ahead to next year. Thinking about making the switch to carbons....wow still can't believe I said that. Can't wait to start my after season scouting to find that next perfect stand location(as was the case with the tree I took this years buck from) Any one else out there as goofy as me. Don't get me wrong I have several more doe tags to fill and some foxes to call, but I'm already planning next years archery attack.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:45 PM

Default RE: Looking ahead already????

I would be thinking about next year, but I only got gun season because of college in N.C. (hopefully). I won't pay outrageous bucks to hunt down there when their deer aren't half the size of ours.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Where are you going to college? The out of state fees last I checked were around $80. It may have gone up. I haven't bought a license or checked the rules in a few years now. If your close by you can hunt my yard. I need to get rid of some deer.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:16 PM

Ryan, my brother inlaw and I talk every day about the stands we're going to change next year. I use gun season to walk around and look for heavy trails and more I may have missed in the past. Your not the only nut in town.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thinking about making the switch to carbons....wow still can't believe I said that.
Rybo,
I didn't know people still used aluminum! Switch Rybo Switch!
If I had to go back to aluminum I would quit.
I'd get into spearing for deer instead.
Someday everyone will go back to aluminum for the "primitive experience" to hunt the way their "forefathers did"
Old 11-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

I just lined up another 170 acres to hunt next year. I know a developer and have gotten permission to hunt the properties before he even closed on them. The 5 P's - "Piss Poor Planning leads to Poor Performance". At least thats what my dad always told me.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been thinking about next year ever since I broke my leg almost 3 weeks ago.[] Not looking to good to get back out this year. So planning for next year is about all I can do.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:01 PM

I'm right with you Rybo!

I love scouting, hanging stands, clearing shooting lanes and the whole deal. I'm not ready to writ off the rest of my season yet but I look forward to the other stuff as well.

Thinking about making the switch to carbons....wow still can't believe I said that.
May I ask whatyou're going to shoot?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

quote:

May I ask whatyou're going to shoot?
That is still up for debate, I want to try and keep on the heavier side of carbons, ACC's aren't totally out of the question if I can pry my wallet open far enough. I have only just started looking at some of the ones from PSE and Easton, I have a lot more brands to look at yet. Good thing I have a whole year. Any suggestions?
Old 11-10-2004, 07:34 PM

Always thinking ahead to next year. I always find new spots to set up. As far as the switching to carbons go. If aluminums work well for you then stick with them. I actually just switch back to aluminums from carbons and I love them they are alot more forgiving then carbons cheaper and they are not that much slower I hardly had to adjust my sights at all. I find my broadheads fly better then they did with my carbons. and I don't care what anyone says I notice the same if not more penatration with my aluminums. My carbons have become my 3D arrows so I can shoot flatter at 60yrds but for hunting aluminums all the way. Just my opinion. sorry may have gotten off topic. remember faster doesn't mean better.

Quick Reply: Looking ahead already????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.