Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Darton & Muzzy come through! >

Darton & Muzzy come through!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Darton & Muzzy come through!

Old 11-09-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Darton & Muzzy come through!

After this weekend I know I will always use a fixed blade Muzzy and a high energy bow pulling as much as I can comfortably....I had a doe at 21 yards slightly quartering away and when i shot she took a step and my arrow entered through her rear ham and traveled the length of her body to give me an exit hole right behing her offside front shoulder...It was still about a 350 yard trailing job as it went through her guts, the liver and only punctured one lung but I am convinced that if I had been using most mechanicals the deer would have gone a shorter distance but I would have lost her because there would have been no exit hole...as Fireman said in an earlier post don't give up or panic the sign is there you just have to find it....I gave this deer 2 1/2 hrs before starting to track and based on a couple bedsthat i found I probably jumped it with out knowing...when i came to realize this i back out of the woods for another 1 1/2 hrs came back and found it only 30 yards from where i last lost the sign....ps i was shhoting a Darton typhoon extreme 30" draw, 460 grain terminator selects with 100 grain muzzy 3 blades at approx. 275-280 fps
Old 11-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darton & Muzzy come through!

Way to go Congrats
Old 11-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's to you Going11 glad to hear you found her ,it just goes to show as long as you don't give up good thing's will happen.

nubo
Old 11-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates
Old 11-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Muzzy's rock, especially when backed with plenty of energy like your setup. I don't care if the deer is quartering to or away the Muzzy will take them down. I shoulder shot a buck several years ago and the Muzzy still exited on the other side. That is serious penetration.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats and well said.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:24 AM

Congratz.! Nice story ,, that sure was some penetration.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:11 AM

Congrats Going II those Muzzies are my boy, Joe's broadhead of choice. I have seen the tremendous whollup they deliver time and again.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:21 AM

Good job
Old 11-10-2004, 04:59 PM

A good Broadhead certainly does the job.The people at Muzzy are definetly ahead of the game!!

Quick Reply: Darton & Muzzy come through!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.