Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA Buck down for Team 18. >

PA Buck down for Team 18.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Buck down for Team 18.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Default RE: PA Buck down for Team 18.

Congrats, can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!

Please tell me you weren't anywhere near St. Mary's Co., MD. I've passed on a buck 3 times that sounds like the exact same buck. Hoping he grows out next year.

Conratulations!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I made a post for the pictures if you didn't get a chance to see them. I also posted a pic in Team 18 official thread in the contest forum.

I'm still not sure why I missed the first two. I'm throwing it around in my head and replaying it and the only thing I can come up with is I didn't bend properly on the 16 yard shot, it might have been more like 14 yards and I simply held a little high on the 33 yard shot and he dropped at the bow/arrow noise....that's all I can come up because my left/right was perfect....[:-][&:]

When we recovered him, he was stuck in the muck he expired in. The land owner went out to help me drag him out and I told him he needed knee high boots cause he's in the muck....well half way across the muck I hear a splunk and I turned to see the landowner, Ken on his hands and knees in the muck cause his boot was stuck...the stuff is like quick sand but more like leaves and mud....and it stinks to high heaven.....I helped him out of it by picking him upright and then I had to grab his boot to pull his foot free.....we were laughing but it was really bad....

I have the buck tagged, processed and setting up in my spare fridge to cut up more tomorrow. I have a friend coming in to hunt the rest of the week with me so I don't have to stay in this peak time. Besides I still have a doe tag but mostly I'll be filming...I'll let you know if my friend tags on my big ones......

And oh, thanks to all of you for responding...now check out them pictures...what a brow tine.!

Here's the link to the pics.
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=820709
Old 11-10-2004, 08:12 AM

Congrats on a great story, and an extremely interesting deer! I would love to know the story behind that rack!
Old 11-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well friends, it wasn't the bow.[&:] I didn't think so anyway cause the left/right was dead on when I missed the buck. I'm sitting here making arrows so I have a full quiver come the next couple days. I'm taking my doe first chance I get after my friend who's coming into town to hunt with me takes his buck. We are going to hunt the same trees so we can get a couple kills on video. That and I'm gonna fall turkey hunt with my bow. Anyway, I take my bow outside and shoot 20 yards off my deck and bingo....dead on...so I guess it was the shooter.[&:][8D] It was definately a happy ending, no wounding and a quick kill.