Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOLY Lama ,momma huge >

HOLY Lama ,momma huge

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOLY Lama ,momma huge

Old 11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default HOLY Lama ,momma huge

Hunting in the burbs can get interesting,from big deer to lovers in the park bushes. Was sitting in my chair at 5 am this morning behind a home. Was hearing a walking animal in the woods between gentlemen farms. I bleated at daybreak.Heard something running around in thick stuff. Oh boy a buck chasing doe.Then I seen a huge body move out in to a walking lane.WOW thats huge.Still not light enough to ID the animal properly yet. It moved back in to the brush.I was thinking that thing was huge.bleated some more then 15 minutes later I here it coming my way and is going to cross the path 15 yards from me. I see the high weeds moving , I get ready ,Oh boy here we go , it steps out and WHAT A stinkin LLama. It looks at me and starts walking toward me. Oh man From a hot rush waiting to whack a monster to outward laughter. quess one of those gentlemen farmers lost a Llama. Wonder what they taste like ?????????
Old 11-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOLY Lama ,momma huge

haha A guy down by where i hunt has llamas. He just let's them go freely. I guess they don't go far! Had to be funny though. I think they eat good?? Glad your a resposible hunter, just think if a "if it's brown, it's down" guy saw that movement and old lisa the llama came home with an arrow thru it's hump.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tastes like chicken...I've heard. LOL
Old 11-04-2004, 11:27 AM

LOL,,, GREAT STORY!!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:34 AM

I've never eaten llama but I hear it's quite good. Do they have a llama season in PA?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:48 AM

Reminds me of a time a couple years ago when an Emu did the same thing to my hunt. Years ago in Texas, some smooth talking salesmen conned the ranchers into investing in Emu eggs and all the sudden we were hip deep in big ugly birds. They were going to compete with the chicken and beef markets as low fat alternatives. Well, I had eaten it once and although it made a fine meal, the price tag was too high and it all flopped. The ranchers were spending money to feed the birds and had no market for them so they turned them loose to free range the hill country. A lease I was hunting was in on this and we had the green light on any birds that came into view. The bobcats and coyote did most of them in and the rest must have wandered to parts unknown.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:48 AM

Unlimited tags on those. LOL! Did you have a Lama decoy out?
Old 11-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can only imagine being so excited that a big buck might walk by and low and behold it's a llama. I'd have busted out laughing too.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cardeer, you are lucky it didn't attack you. I have heard those thing are kinda mean. And they spit, too.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I would of known they spit I would of offered him a chew

Quick Reply: HOLY Lama ,momma huge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.