Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How to attract does? >

How to attract does?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to attract does?

Old 11-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default How to attract does?

I am hunting in Wisconsin, and in an Earn A Buck zone[:@]. How do I attract the does so I can get one down? The rut is coming into full swing, and I need to take an antlerless before I can go after BDWB (big daddy war buck).

Suggestions????
Old 11-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to attract does?

Get out there scout a little bit and try to find the food source there using! And you will find the doe`s! (IMO)[&:]
Old 11-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

This is actually how not to attract then but you'll get the point. I have found that does avoid estrus does and aggressive bucks when they aren't in heat yet. So skip the estrus doe urine and any buck grunting or rattling. I have seen that send does the other way any times. It actually makes sense when you think about it. Jut set up near their bedding area and wait them out.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:23 AM

I hunt in northeastern wisconsin which i'm guessing is where u are to because that's where the eab units are most concentrated. i've noticed if you put out corn or apples you are able to attract does. i would also suggest that if u do see a small yearling to take it as long as it doesnt have spots because the population is still high and you will then have a chance at the big buck. hope this helps
Old 11-04-2004, 10:28 AM

Food Food Food
Old 11-04-2004, 02:12 PM

I saw a show on calling and this guy used what he called a fawn in distress call. Kind of a shreeking squeel and a noise that one would not consider making in the woods but when he did it the doe in the area came hauling rear to the aid of that poor fawn. It was amazing to watch. I can't recall the show, sorry. Maybe time to Google.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:47 PM

It's a bit late this year for my suggestion but if you own the land you hunt nothing can beat a good food plot. 1/2 acre of imperial clover and another 2000-3000 sq ft of Imperial powerplant should be plenty to get the does (espically those with fawns) into your area. Not to mention it will also benefit the herd but providing quality high nutrition forage. It won't be enough to sustain their complete diet but I believe anything extra you can give them is an added bonus to their health.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with RTA47 on this one. Scout and you shall find. I always find the does....bucks are a diferent story.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

tom miranda's two drop supreme will bring em in on a string.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Next year plant azalas, roses and any other shrubery will do the trick. They sure do mow all of mine down. [:@]

Quick Reply: How to attract does?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.