Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antis defeated in Maine! >

Antis defeated in Maine!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antis defeated in Maine!

Old 11-03-2004, 12:42 PM

Default RE: Antis defeated in Maine!

Just a heads up to the hunting communities of the world. This ballot iniciative was brought to Maine by the Humane Society of the US and the Friends of Animals. 95% of the money backing this came from out of state. Southern Maine has turned into a bedroom community for Boston and as a result a good portion of the popoulation is very liberal and their attitude reflects it. Thier mission is to divide the hunting community, which they did well, and then focus soley on emotions to get the rest of the public voting for thier anti hunting programs. Here is what I have learned. Respect all typs of hunting, even if you don't approve as long it is legal. Don't critisize other for thier chosen methods. Hunting is hunting and it takes all sorts shapes anf forms. If you have a problem with a method then don't participate or critizise. I was amazed at how many hunters voted in favor of the ban, most of which have never bear hunted, they just felt that it was important that they force thier ideology and definition of ethics on the rest of us. What they failed to realize is that by helping the anti's chip away at our sport they directly jepordise thier own future. It's when the shoe is on the other foot, and it too late that they realize they have screwed up. Hunt, be happy and respect all other typs of hunting and hunters. If we don't stick together we will all loose in the future.
Well said Eider. I'm glad to have you on our side.

I have on occasion spoken out against thing that go on in hunting that I disagree with in this forum. For me thie is a great place for me to speak my mind and have a good old discussion but when it comes to the ballot box we all need to stick together. Thankfully enough of the Maine voters did and bear hunting has been perserved for now.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:26 PM

Adams, please contact me, I have Bob Fisk's response to the results, you may want to read it, he is a bitter man! you can call me at work, 846-4501, thanks
Old 11-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

This ballot iniciative was brought to Maine by the Humane Society of the US and the Friends of Animals. 95% of the money backing this came from out of state.

Flush!!!

Way to go Maine!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 01:52 PM

CONGRATS ADAMS AND TO THE LOVLEY STATE OF MAINE. SPORTSMEN TO ,IVE HUNTED BLACKBEAR IN MAINE FOR TWO YEARS EXCEPT THIS PAST SEASON, I LIVE IN MA.SO I ALSO HAVE THE PRILEDGE TO GO TO MAINE ANYTIME OF THE YEAR,CAUSE IAM SO CLOSE,THINKING ABOUT A BEAR HUNT NEXT YEAR, JUST TRYING TO DO LITTLE MORE RESOURCE ON SOME DIFFRENT OUTFITTERS, IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE A GREAT STATE THIS WOULD BE THE ONE IN MY OPINION...
Old 11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Adams... These anti's will stop at nothing. They have the funding to do this over and over.. Here in NJ, our Fish and Game have the power to make these decisions, however, the DEP idiot commissioner is an anti in disguise..Take a look at this link.
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/campb...ement10-04.htm

Our 2nd bear hunt is in jeopardy this year now. He is currently being sued by a few "Sportsman Clubs". He has no ground to stand on here so he is trying to hold it up in court.

ALL HUNTERS, NO MATTER WHICH LEGAL WEAPON, WHICH LEGAL METHOD MUST STAND TOGETHER!!!!

9% folks.....9%!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:48 PM

Adams, you're e-mail is being kicked back to me. Give me a call again, thanks, or e-mail me.