Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stinkin' weather! >

Stinkin' weather!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stinkin' weather!

Old 11-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stinkin' weather!

I'm on week 2 of my annual vacation to "rut hunt." As always, we've been experiencing "above average temperatures." I have to wonder, since it's ALWAYS like this when I take this leave, why are the temps considered above average?

Then, this morning, I got up AFTER ONE HOUR'S SLEEP (I stayed up to watch the election returns), I forced by butt out of bed, got dressed and ready and drove 15 miles to my hunting spot. AFTER, I got set up, the unrelenting wind began and continued to grow in intensity and gusts. By 9:00am, I had had enough of feeling like I could step off my treestand the next time my tree bent to the ground . . . and got down, packed my stuff and began the long walk out. When I arrived at my truck, the wind wasn't nearly as bad anymore, and by the time I arrived home, it had decreased to "breezy." [:@]

Tomorrow is supposed to rain all day and the wind returns for Friday and Saturday. With all of this bad weather, the rut signs are nearly non-existent here (although I saw a good buck yesterday morning here and a REALLY nice one in the evening at another spot -- BOTH were blocked by branches).

Every year, I have heat, then wind and rain and more wind for most of the time I'm off. Seems like the weather turns perfect when I return to work. Am I just paranoid or what?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:36 AM

Default RE: Stinkin' weather!

It seems the same for me,, im in my first week of vacation to rut hunt here in Missouri and we have been fighting the heat here as well.. And now a few days ago the heat started to go away, now we are having nonstop rain and high winds,, but at least the temps have dropped. Now if we can get the rain and wind to stop maybe ill be in business.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:49 AM

I seem this is the case all too often. Just be ready to go once the winds and rain die down.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Seems like a recurring nightmare every 1st half of November!!![:@] I just loooooove sitting in a treestand when it feels like your riding the Tilt A Whirl!! When it's not raining, it's 70 degrees and 25mph winds!! Sounds like after this weekend things are going to start getting better here in NY though. Expecting high of 35 Tuesday and SNOW!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:58 AM

I spent three day of vacation in the rain!!

It is pretty awesome when you do connect with good weather though.