Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bad run of luck

Old 11-02-2004, 09:47 PM

Default bad run of luck

my year started out great. i had a huge 9 point pictured on my camera, same one i've been hunting for what would have been 3 years. had my clover out, stand in the perfect position along the corn and a good hunting buddy to hunt with. what happends next, a week after opener my buddy is driving down the highway next to the field around 10 at night or so and out of nowhere here comes this trophy buck. no time to stop and he slams into it going 60. needless to say that deer was toast, and just my luck too, it was THE ONE, 9 points 210 lbs. and scored a little over 180. then i go on stand for 3 weeks staight with nothing but a cayote walking across my path. and to top all this off, the deer finally start moving. nice rubs right under my stand, things are looking up. decent 6 point comes trotting in right under me sat. night, im drawn all ready to go, he's at 7 yards and i choose a perfect time to choke. send it just across his back giving him a nice shave. i did see one go directly under me the next day, so hopefully i will get one, but its been rough goin. i hope im not the only one out there who has missed one that close, even after all that practice.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:19 PM

Default RE: bad run of luck

you must be hunting in Pa. i hunted every day since archery started except 3 days, seen a total of 8 deer. i only seen 1 buck this season, and that was about 2 months ago on the interstate. im usually looking for someplace else to store the meat by now, i haven't even clipped my realese on me string yet, Maybe tommorrow. thats what i keep saying to myself.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: bad run of luck

Look resisdential