Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever been shot at? >

Have you ever been shot at?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever been shot at?

Old 11-01-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Have you ever been shot at?

I have heard stories about some pretty crazy people in the woods. Have any of you been shot at while bowhunting? I know a few people have heard the arrows being drawn back. That would make me poop my pants.

Edit- Looks like Greavous posted a question similiar to mine. If you mods think this our questions are close to the same question, please delete mine first. Thank you.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Have you ever been shot at?

Never when bow hunting ,but during rifle season several times
Old 11-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was shot at 2 years back during muzzle season....that crazy guy got it coming yet let me tell ya....he was mad cause i was hunting the same field edge near his property....that crazy nut got it coming yet!![:@]
Old 11-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Dominant Buck

What's worse.... the got me.[&:] OH... I wasn't bow hunting.

I did have an idiot start sighting in a gun once. His back stop was a half inch board. My brother and I were walking down this elevated railroad bed to get on watch. The guy put two shells into the gravel about 15 yards in front of us. We were over the bank in flash screaming and yelling at the idiot. We thought he was shooting at us. He was sitting at a picnic table in his back yard firing into the woods.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:17 PM

Yes I was shot at in gun season about 10 yr's ago and i was in a full blaze orange snow suit!!!!!! i stuck out like a sore thumb. and i was yelling at this guy and he kept shooting. I went over and ask him what his problem was . ( he said he saw me but he was shooting at Deer) all does. well when i saw the price tag still on his coat& gun i whooped his a## real bad!!!!! My brother had to pull me off of him.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got hit with some steel shot pellets from some duck hunters last season while I was in my tree stand, but they weren't intentionally shooting at me, the ducks just happened to be coming in from my direction and you could hear the pellets falling all around me after every barrage.

I started looking down as if I was in a tuck position after every barrage after that to make sure I wouldn't take one in the eye. The few that hit my legs stung pretty good though.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:54 PM

me and a friend were duck hunting a year back and i walked into the slough with waiters. The reeds were thick as hell, but I gues they all are in ND. Anyway I was about 75 yards away from him and i guess I scared some ducks up and I hear bang bang, First shot BB's fell about 5 yards away and the second they hit me in the back of my vest. I had a heavy coat on undeer my vest plus the waiters so none of them peirced through. Im just lucky none of them hit me in the head. But Im sorry to say I had to hurt. LOL
Old 11-07-2004, 08:07 AM

Yep, and was hit too.[:@] Luckily I was dove hunting, and it was dove shot.[&:] Iwas peppered pretty good by some ******* across the field alot of hunters were in. It was a publec gameland hunt for dove only, about 80-100acres. My group, Dad, uncles, and me were there early to pick a spot, and there were about 50 men there. By the time shooting time came around, there were ALOT more. About 4 hours later, some jerk took some shots at some birds that were flying at about 10-20 feet, and wrapped my up in lead shot.
Most of it hit me on the legs and arms, but one stray pellet popped me a good one about 3/4inch under my left eye. Didn't break the skin, but left a nasty welt for about a day and a half. I got up in the middle of the shooting, walked into the field, and screamed at the top of my lungs, "who's the @sshole that shot me?" Needless to say 'cause of my size and I had a gun too nobody answered. Luckily it didn't happen again, But I wear clear safety glasses when I dove hunt on public land from now on.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

I got shot in the leg with a judo tip. by a friend, he was shooting at a grouse in between us the arrow hit a limb and shot out at me it went in about 2 inches and hurt like hell. and yes were still buddys. It was a freak thing.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:23 AM

This year I was bowhunting a field with my brother from the ground when some idiot pheasant hunter starts blasting away into the hedgerow I was in [] I didn't get hit but I heard pellets raining through the twigs above me........Thank god I was on the ground and not in my stand.

I walked out of the hedgerow and the guy almost shat himself.......I said "are you Fk'n shooting this way?"........He says "No" of course and I tell him I heard the shots ripping through the trees.......then he says "I didn't know you were in there" Well duh!! My closing reply was "Don't you think you SHOULD know if someone is in there BEFORE you shoot?.......your not the only hunter in the woods ya know"

His next statement left me speachless so I just turned and walked back to my spot shaking my head. The guy looks at me in full camo, holding my bow and asks "Are you bowhunting?"

He had every right to be there and be hunting...........but you can't just go blasting into treetops without a clue when bow season is open and there are other trucks parked on the road.

Freakin idiot.

Quick Reply: Have you ever been shot at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.