Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BIG BUST IN OHIO! >

BIG BUST IN OHIO!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BIG BUST IN OHIO!

Old 11-01-2004, 11:56 AM

Default BIG BUST IN OHIO!

JUST GOT A FEW DETAILS OF A BIG D.R.N. BUST IN BROWN COUNTY, OHIO, TODAY.

POACHERS FROM FLA. WHO USUALLY HUNT OHIO GUN SEASON AND WERE BUSTED LAST YEAR, HAD THE BRIGHT IDEA TO COME BACK THIS YEAR DURING THE ARCHERY SEASON AND POACH MORE DEER. LOCAL NEIGHBOR SAYS THE CINCINNATI
TELEVISON STATIONS ARE THERE COVERING THE STORY.

ALL THOSE IN RANGE, LOOK FOR CHANNEL 12 WKRC NEWS COVERAGE TONIGHT.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:11 PM

Default RE: BIG BUST IN OHIO!

Maybe we could borrow these guy and use them as bear bait here in Maine next fall. I hope they hang them!

Truly yours,
Adams
Old 11-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe we could borrow these guy and use them as bear bait here in Maine next fall. I hope they hang them!
Shouldn't we find out what they are accused of and whether or not they actually did it before we start hanging them?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:38 PM

Does anyone have a link to this story!?

I live in a place where there is no TV reception and won't pay for cable...
Old 11-01-2004, 12:40 PM

You mean it's not guilty until proven inocent?

Ok, I resind the first comment. if guilty

I searched their website and couldn't find anything.
POACHERS FROM FLA. WHO USUALLY HUNT OHIO GUN SEASON AND WERE BUSTED LAST YEAR, HAD THE BRIGHT IDEA TO COME BACK THIS YEAR DURING THE ARCHERY SEASON AND POACH MORE DEER.
I'd just like to hang them and use them for bait because of their past convictions. I'm suprised they were even allowed to obtain any license with a past record for poaching. I guess if you break one law why stop there?

****EDIT****
I have no tolerence or sympathy for poachers. IMO people who put themselves above game laws and the game they "steal" should be neutered[:@][:'(]
Old 11-01-2004, 12:40 PM

Well last year the law pulled out more than 22 decapitated bucks; not butchered just rack hunting. They were all shot with high power rifle and that is illegal in Ohio.

This time we do know there were a dozen buck heads found hanging in the tobacco
barn on the property and a method of kill has not been released.

At a minimum, they are guilty of hunting in violation of license susspensions from last year.

We will see as more details emerge. This property is literally 1/2 mile down the road from my hunting buddy's house and he happens to also be my employee.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:44 PM

Adams, where in Maine are you from, I live in N. Yarmouth. Big day tommorrow, I think it will be a close vote. I'm speaking at the Lion's club in Yarmouth tonight, maybe change a few minds in the final hours. For those of you who think I'm speaking in code. We vote on wheather to ban Bear hunting in Maine tomorrow. We'll not a complete ban but pretty close, they want to outlaw, hounds, bait and traps. Wish us luck and if you know anyone in the state please call them tonight and ask thaty they vote NO on question 2. Sorry for the off topic post
Old 11-01-2004, 02:36 PM

Eider,

I'm in Eliot. Not too far south of you. I have a job where I'm on the phone all day (health insurance) but I talk to a ton of people from Maine. Alot of the people I talk to on a regualr basis and I've been sliding the vote into alot of conversation and I'm sporting a vote no on 2 bumper sticker. I'm guessing 90% of the people north of Cumberland co who actually have to deal with bears are likely on our side. What worries me is the influx of out of staters who live in York and Cumberland co have no idea that without the bear hunt as it is now the bear population will double from the estimated 34 thousand bears to 75 thousand bears in the next 8 year.

I've mobilized all the troops I can and hopefully can get a few more on board to defeat the measure. I wonder how cute and fuzzy a hungary bear will be when the forrest can sustain the population and they are digging through the anti trash cans. Then they'll be crying for someone to come an euthanise the bear. Hypocrites[:'(]

If you're in Maine please help to defeat ballot initative #2.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not to smart are they
Old 11-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: BIG BUST IN OHIO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.