Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 first time ever hunting >

first time ever hunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first time ever hunting

Old 10-31-2004, 06:49 PM

Default first time ever hunting

Today was the first time I ever went deer hunting. I was going to my stand over a pond thats surounded by grass and by some timber and i scared up a bunch of deer that were bedding, couldn't tell what they were or how many cause it was just barely light and all i saw were the white tails but i'm guessing they were all does I then took a few hour break in the afternoon and went back out in the evening, with about 45 minutes of day light a couple does came in out of the corn field that surounds my hunting area and beded down.
What i'm wondering is will there ever be bucks that bed in the same area as does? DUring the rut maybe? And if so when is the rut in iowa?
Old 10-31-2004, 07:18 PM

Default RE: first time ever hunting

If you've got a lot of consistent doe traffic you've got a good spot. When the rut gets in full swing the bucks will try to get with those does and hopefully be within range. The deer here are starting to chase a bit. It will be prime hunting this coming weekend, its supposed to snow. Good luck.