Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My first TURBO deer >

My first TURBO deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first TURBO deer

Old 10-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My first TURBO deer

Mr. Snook: I first want to say that if you thought that I was judging you I'm sorry it wasn't meant that way,I have not been given the authority to judge anyone. That's why in my post I put IMO (IN MY OPINION) My opinion is just that. Sorry if offended.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:46 PM

No problem GUT SHOT.

I do want to make a correction that was brought to my attention.
I have two bows that do not use a peep sight.one is a red dot and the other is the eradicator. which uses phosphors and no electricity.
My red dot is called an e-dot and my eradicator . I got them confused and apoligize. We were doing a lot of target shooting while there and I was using both bows . The deer was taken with the non electric sight.
If you look at the photo you will see the bow with the red dot sight.
This was a photo taken the morning after the hunt and we just picked up bows for the photo.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:25 PM

Soooo...will we ever find out what a Turbo Nock is?
Old 10-30-2004, 07:45 AM

I do not really want to post ads here, go to www.turbonock.com
I am a manufacturer, probably the smallest nock maker in the country, but I am an archer first and I really want to talk about hunting. It is a fine line to walk in my postiton.
I cross my eyes the wrong way and may get flamed for pimping my product.
and Yet if I do not communicate about archery I can not learn new ideas and get opinions from the community.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:22 PM

I call BULL**** on snook. Let's see 10,000 fights huh. And let's just say you have one fight a day (though I'm sure your beating the hell out of 5 different people a day). So that's 25 years with a fight every day and a winning percentage of around 99%. Ya and I'm Santa Clause.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:10 AM

The win loss I was talking about dealt only with the Torunament fights not the ones outside of tournaments.
I have been in the arts since 1972 and ran a shcool from 1984 until I retired. We trained three times a week and did a lot of in school fighting.
sometime 15 or 20 matches in an evening.
I also participated in a local "fight club" for black belts only which met once a month and you would usually get 10 or 15 fights at one of these meetings. No one kept track, we fought to learn and have fun.
In all honesty 10,000 is probably a little low. Whether you believe me or not is of little importance. I love competition and the martial arts was one of the few sports where one can participate well up into their later years.
If My rotater had not wiped out I would still be fighting.

Actually the moderator of this site was for a time a student at our school.
He attended after I turned it over to one of my top students, and can not verify my fighting record, but he can certainly tell you what our training was like.
I really do not know what value this has to the hunting topic Except that you wanted to find something to pick at.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

oneshotmagnum,

First I'd like to welcome you to the forums, then at this time I'd like to suggest that you go reread the posting rules. Your post to this topic is not only off topic, it's inflammatory towards another member and simply put in bad taste. Thank you for cooperating and I hope your stay with us will be memorable in the hunting sense.

That being said, I am the moderator Nick is speaking of and I indeed did take Kung Fu for many years from Nicks top student who became a instructor as well as instructions from Nick himself when visiting our class. I'll tell ya straight out, he's not blowing smoke when it comes to his occomplishments within the sport of Kung Fu.....

And I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Nick for being professional in his response to your attack which was unwarranted. His level head is obvious a sign of his training......

NOW, let's keep the posts on topic. IMO
Old 10-31-2004, 10:56 AM

Been working my tail off in Florida after four hurricanes and just got back home this past weekend..............it's been awhile since I've visited this site and must say I am extremely dissappointed by this thread.

Head shooting deer with a bow and arrow, are you freakin kidding me!! Is this what this site has come to in the past four months?? I don't care who you are, what your shooting ability is or how anyone was suppossedly raised (bible or not), that is wrong and completely unethical. Try attending a hunter education course.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:53 PM

The site has not changed. Do not be angry with them . I did the posting.
I apologize to you and those on the site that have such strong feelings.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let me give you my opinion of the topic as clear as possible, since I have been told that my opinion or judgment is off by a mile. I am not making an opinion or judgment of you personally; I am stating an opinion of your shot selection.

I don’t care about your ability to shoot a bow, your personal accuracy level, ability to predict a deer’s reaction, your personal ethics, your logic, the “polishing” of your shooting skills by shooting rabbits in the head at 20 yards, your martial arts fighting record, your ability to focus, shooting with Byron, your knowledge of the bible, the presidential debates, baiting bears, tracking deer with dogs, types of broadheads, legislation of laws based on shot selection, whining about being personally attacked, shooting tests, angry board members, etc, etc,

The only opinion (or judgment, as you put it) that I have on this topic is on the shot selection made, promoted and justified which as I have said and believe are very poor to say the least. More specifically intentionally shooting, promoting and justifying neck, head, and spine shots with archery.

I think of someone asking me permission to archery hunt my land which has been quality deer managed for years and saying, “Well, if a deer comes in and I don’t have shot at vitals, I plan on shooting at the neck, head, and spine.”

Quick Reply: My first TURBO deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.