Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

EBAY

Old 10-22-2004, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: EBAY

I wouldn't, not for a bow. Even if you had to do some driving, I think it would be better to go to a proshop.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:52 AM

I think it's a great place for the experienced archer who kows exactly what they want and need. It will help if you can work on your own equipment and are sure you can get replacement modules and cams. It's very common for drawlengths to either be mis-stated, or much longer than what you expected.

I would not encourage a beginner to purchase a bow on ebay. They really need the help of an experience bow shop, in person.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you know exactly what you want and you find it on Ebay from a seller with good feedback I'd go for it. I bought my 02 Hoyt of there and never had a problem and got a great deal.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would buy from Ebay if I knew exactly what I was looking for. The downside could be that some warranties are not transferrable to a new owner.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:58 PM

JeramyK is right, I would not buy a Bowtech or Matthews bow off eBay period. The warranty will not transfer. Yeah you my save $50 to $100 but in my opinion I would rather pay for the lifetime warranty. I have seen bows on eBay selling for higher prices than I could have got from the dealer. eBay is a good place to start if you are not sure what you want but when ready to buy a top notch bow buy from the dealer.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:31 PM

I bought a 9yr old Proline Magnum XL off EBAY for a ridiculously low price. I already had alot of experience on EBAY. I did a lot of research on bows. I made my bids during the offseason (spring). I am extremely satisfied with the bow. I was pleasanly surprised to find that though it is longer axel to axel than the modern bows, it may be a pound lighter. Having said that; I found a good proshop who set it up for me and gave me shooting tips. For me, I didnt want so spend a lot before I knew I would like it or be any good. When I make my next major purchases it will be at Freddie Bear.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:49 AM

I would buy from Ebay if I knew exactly what I was looking for.
I agree. Go to a pro shop and fins out what you want. Then look for that model on Ebay. I did that with my latest fishing reel. THe reel I wanted was $50 in the store. I then bought the reel off Ebay for $26.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:20 AM

I bought my bow off ebay. I got a Fred Bear TRX 32. It was a great deal. I got almost 200 bucks off the retail price. It was in brand new condition.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got my old PSE Edge Series 1000C off eBay! [8D] Granted the winning bid was only $70 bucks, but what the heck... it's a fantastic bow!

See, I checked out the pro shops. I had myself measured (I'm a lefty with a perfect 30" draw and can easily handle a 60-65-70# bow), etc... So after seeing that brand new top model bows run upwards of $500+ bucks, I surfed eBay for a bow with a 30" draw and a 65# draw weight.

Anyway, once I got my (1996?) PSE Edge bow via UPS, I immediately checked it over and brought it right up to another pro shop. For $70 bucks, you guess it... I won a bow, so that's what I got "..A.." bow. No sights, no rest, no anything. Roughly $100-120 bucks later, the pro shop outfitted my bow for me. They also put it on a press to check it out, and put all these straight edges and squares and other alignment tools on it to fully check it over. Believe it or not, it was still in tune and true and square. It just needed to be setup with accessories.

So, long story short, I spent probably just shy of $200 bucks for a perfectly good, rugged, reliable, bow that shoots deadly accurate to 40 yards!

Butch A.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too have had many positive experiences with Ebay. As long as you are careful, ask good questions, and make sure the seller has good feedback you should be fine.

Quick Reply: EBAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.