Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are You a Bowhunter or Archer???? >

Are You a Bowhunter or Archer????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are You a Bowhunter or Archer????

Old 10-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are You a Bowhunter or Archer????

I'm a bowhunter. I spend all year preparing for the 4 months of bow season. I could care less about shooting a deer at anything over 30 yards to say that I can. If I wanted to shoot them any further than that, I would just gun hunt. I want them in my face, like the spike I shot this past weekend at less than 10 yards. I live for Octber 1st through the 1st week in January and I'm afraid it's getting worse. My wife even said to me the other day that I am obsessed with it, and she wasn't trying to be funny about it either. But even as much as I love the sport, I would never let it affect my family life, so I try to get them to go as often as I can too. My wife will bowhunt, my oldest daughter isn't to the bowhunt stage yet, my youngest daughter has shown an interest to bowhunt and I have a 4 year old that I know will be just as obsessed with it as I am.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm a bowhunter who loves archery........
Same here. Bowhunting is my primary passion though I find great enjoyment in the off season tinkering with and trying out new equipment.

I have no interest in competitive/tournament archery but respect those that do.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:30 PM

I would have to say that i am an archery who loves to bowhunt. and if hunting was banned I would still shoot my bow atleast three times a week.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I am an archer who loves to bow hunt and bring home food for the family. Damn, what a great sport - Oh ya I like the woods too...
Old 10-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting question. When I first got into the sport of bowhunting I think I became an archer but then the only reason I got into the sport in the first place was to deer hunt. I used to shoot competion but not anymore. I just enjoy deer hunting and I love to do it with a bow but when gun season comes in the bow takes a back seat and then when muzzleloader season comes in the .270 goes back on the rack. I would say that I'm a deer hunter and the bow is just one of the tools I use to harvest them. The bow definately made me a better deer hunter. If I couldn't deer hunt with my bow then it probably wouldn't be of much use to me. Same thing with my guns. Different strokes for different folks. I do practice with my bow before and also during hunting season.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was a 10 year old kid practicing with my dads recurve it was the thought of deerhunting with a stick and string that made me become an archer , so therefore I am a bowhunter!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:55 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I am a hunter. I have hunted with rifle, shotgun, handgun, bow, and crossbow. When I started bowhunting ( before I trashed my shoulder) I was fanatical about practicing. I practiced several times a week. For me it was a desire to become proficient. Now that I can not use a regular bow, I don't practice as much.....I shoot the crossbow several times during the off season and then fire a few test arrows each week just for an equipment check.

David
Old 10-20-2004, 05:50 AM

bowhunter to the bone!!!

Old 10-20-2004, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I want them in my face, like the spike I shot this past weekend at less than 10 yards.
Holy cow!! a guy from TEXAS shooting a spike....imagine that
Old 10-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunter all the way!

Quick Reply: Are You a Bowhunter or Archer????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.