Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Took a deer with a Snyper yesterday >

Took a deer with a Snyper yesterday

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Took a deer with a Snyper yesterday

Old 10-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Took a deer with a Snyper yesterday

I decided yesterday to take a doe. She was about 30 yards slightly quartering away when I took the shot. She went approx. 50 yards and piled up in sight. I can honestly say, the Rocky Mountain Snyper head kills just as quickly as any deer I've shot with a Muzzy. It was actually scary how quick she expired! I hit her a hair back, but still got both lungs because of the angle.

After skinning her, I took a look at the wound. Holy smokes! There was a 3" wide gash on both sides from that head. The bummer of it was, I never did find my arrow as it went into some brush and richoceted into neverland.

Definitly an effective head. Makes me wanna change my name to........"SnyperMan"
Old 10-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Took a deer with a Snyper yesterday

i use em, and love em.... great results
Old 10-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats , i actually would like to shoot something in neverland! MICHEAL JACKSON!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your doe!! I shoot muzzy's, but from the sound of it I might have to check those snyper's out. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

congrates
Old 10-18-2004, 05:39 PM

congrats on your deer.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am a Muzzy man through and through myself but after reading 5Shot's review on the Rocky Mountain Snyper here a few years back I decided to give them a try. I was astonished as well of the huge entrance hole and more than adequate exit hole of this head. I've shot two deer with this head and a bigger entrance hole I've never seen in my personal experience. I practice with the old blades are amazed at how they will open on every material I've shot them into....I like the design and other than Muzzy, might be the only other head I'll use.....but we'll see.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I know what you mean, it almost went against everything I stood for going with the Snypers at first. But man do those things slice a nasty wound.

Thanks for the congrats fellas.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:25 AM

Congrat's MM !

I only shot one doe with a Snyper and got the big entrance wound and adequate exit ! My deer ran a pretty good ways, on a double lunger, but no big deal (it's happened a few times) !

But I had a sparse blood trail ..........it was enough for me to trail her up...............but I would have expected more out of the hit and entrance wound !

What kind of bloodtrail did you guys get ???

BTW.......the ferrule and tip were bent pretty badly on my kill (but could have happened from a rock after the passthrough..........I'm not sure) !
Old 10-19-2004, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

There was a 3" wide gash on both sides from that head. The bummer of it was, I never did find my arrow as it went into some brush and richoceted into neverland.
Not trying to mock anything in your post. I do find these heads interesting, but how can a 1 3/8 inch head do this?

Congrats on your deer.

Quick Reply: Took a deer with a Snyper yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.